9th Gen Civic Forum banner

81 - 100 of 108 Posts

·
Baned
8,521 Posts
My first Civic only made it to about 3000 miles before I rolled it. My current Civic only has 11000 miles on it in two years. At this rate it will take me until 2048 to put 200000 miles on it.

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
Too bad American car makers can't build a car to this quality level. This country would be better off if they did. Chalk that up to union greed and shit on political correctness in any form or subject. That's what's wrong with this country.

Honda builds one of the longest lasting products because they plan for the long term and understand how to take variability out of manufacturing. See the six sigma dialogue above. Just the facts. It helps to read the owners manual too;)

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
Too bad American car makers can't build a car to this quality level. This country would be better off if they did. Chalk that up to union greed and weak design engineering and shit on political correctness in any form or subject matter. That's what's wrong with this country.

Honda builds one of the longest lasting products because they plan for the long term and understand how to take variability out of manufacturing. See the six sigma dialogue above. Just the facts. It helps to read the owners manual too;)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Too bad American car makers can't build a car to this quality level. This country would be better off if they did. Chalk that up to union greed and weak design engineering and shit on political correctness in any form or subject matter. That's what's wrong with this country.

I have a 22-year old Ford F150 with 310,000 miles on it, and I had to sell an '09 Accord coupe with 5,500 miles on it because it was put together like the workers were wasted on booze and drugs. It's more accurate to go by model, not even manufacturer, much less the country where the leadership resides.

·
Registered
8,198 Posts
I have a 22-year old Ford F150 with 310,000 miles on it, and I had to sell an '09 Accord coupe with 5,500 miles on it because it was put together like the workers were wasted on booze and drugs. It's more accurate to go by model, not even manufacturer, much less the country where the leadership resides.
Don't compare Ford to Honda now.millions of dollars have been paid out in lawsuits over Ford crap quality.I received 2 separate checks from Ford for the 2 separate class action lawsuits.
You can't sell a truck worth over 40k and know that it has major faults that will,not if but will leave you stranded.
I had both the mighty 7.3 and the POS 6.0.granted when running they ran great.but that was an IF.
I've yet to hear about Honda or any other Asian owned manufacturer other than,Toyota,have such catastrophic failures.
If Honda has a screw up they tend to work through it diligently.
Ford or GM will give you the run around for ever until you get legal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a 2012 Civic LX to replace my 1998 Civic DX with 218k miles on it. It's going to our 17 year old son. Still runs great and gets 36 MPG in the summer. It goes through 1 quart of oil every 3000 miles though.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
There are three of us with 9th Gen Si's over 100,000 miles now, so half way there I guess.

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
Just rolled over 215,000 miles on our Xterra today and I drove it hard in town all week. I'm more concerned about wrecking my cars. The average driver wrecks a car every eight years according to the insurance industry. Of course I'm not an average driver thank goodness ;)

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Me either thank goodness.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts

·
Banned
601 Posts
My 2001 Civic EX 5-speed had nearly 275,000 miles on it when I traded it in (factory clutch, BTW).

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
I think the R18 is a million mile engine if taken care of and if anyone wanted the car that long. That's what it was made for along with fuel economy. Does both pretty well it looks like.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I think the R18 is a million mile engine if taken care of and if anyone wanted the car that long. That's what it was made for along with fuel economy. Does both pretty well it looks like.
im keepin mine til it explodes. i'll be drivin this hog when im 35 (26 now)

i'll get a 5.0 mustang or something if I want power

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
im keepin mine til it explodes. i'll be drivin this hog when im 35 (26 now)

i'll get a 5.0 mustang or something if I want power
If you put a CAI and a coffee can muffler on your R18, it will beat a 5.0 Mustang. Everybody knows that......

81 - 100 of 108 Posts