9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't done any mods yet and Im trying to find where to start, I have looked at getting the full race exhaust but I am on a tight budget. Would it just be better for me to get the hondta flashpro or the full race exhaust first?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Get the hondata flash pro first. You will need it later. Something I have yet to get and i'm kinda kicking myself cuz without it you're super limited on what you can do for power.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I haven't done any mods yet and Im trying to find where to start, I have looked at getting the full race exhaust but I am on a tight budget. Would it just be better for me to get the hondta flashpro or the full race exhaust first?
If you get a FlashPro, it does come with a few "canned" tunes that you can choose from based on a few popular mods, but results are murky at best, so who knows if they are any good or not.
The beauty of FlashPro is that it allows you to tune your own car based on your mods, how you drive, where you drive, etc.
Results in that case are highly dependent on who does the tuning.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm still confused on how it works, do you have to purchase tunes along with the flashpro or does it come with a tune already loaded?

·
Registered
218 Posts
I'm still confused on how it works, do you have to purchase tunes along with the flashpro or does it come with a tune already loaded?
It comes with a few preloaded "canned" tunes. But most people use it to create (or have created for them) a completely customized tune.
You can equate the "canned" tunes to what the OEM delivers on your car when you buy it new from the dealership - it is meant to work for everyone, regardless of how they drive, the climate, the elevation, etc.
Or you can do all the research and figure out how to tune yourself, or pay an experienced tuner to create a custom tune for you - in any case, your results will vary.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I believe VitViper put up a blog post that he was able to get +20bhp and 20(maybe less)lb of torque with just the hondata.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just Hondata here are the gains !!

on the wheels
  • 21 HP
  • 11.4 TQ
For the price and result, I think this is the first step!

Sorry for my english, translation .

·
Registered
640 Posts
I may be lucky, but there's a shop close to me that does full custom exhaust. He doesn't care to do stainless, but he will. Last I had him do was around 300 for full exhaust. It wasn't near as nice looking as full-race, but it was completely customizable. I did buy the full-race for my build, only because I needed exhaust for my tune, and couldn't drive it until it was tuned.

My preference is always exhaust first, makes the drive more enjoyable. I also base shift points off of sound...had too many manuals without tachs previously.

Either way, it's up to you, enjoy modding!

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I may be lucky, but there's a shop close to me that does full custom exhaust. He doesn't care to do stainless, but he will. Last I had him do was around 300 for full exhaust. It wasn't near as nice looking as full-race, but it was completely customizable. I did buy the full-race for my build, only because I needed exhaust for my tune, and couldn't drive it until it was tuned.

My preference is always exhaust first, makes the drive more enjoyable. I also base shift points off of sound...had too many manuals without tachs previously.

Either way, it's up to you, enjoy modding!
$300 is not bad. I have the invidia q300 and its so beat to shit after like six months that I don't like it anymore

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just Hondata here are the gains !!

View attachment 491134

on the wheels
  • 21 HP
  • 11.4 TQ
For the price and result, I think this is the first step!

Sorry for my english, translation .
Hey everyone, I have a question. Does anyone know what you can do to tweak the stock tune with flashpro? I mean are there any settings you can adjust to get even more power from the stock reflash?

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Any gains from the hondata flashpro on a stock si?
To answer your question straight up; I don't know.
What does hondata claim?

Also, if you are in Calif or another state that uses Calif (spec) emissions inspections. Know that at some point you will have to return the car to OEM configuration to pass.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts