9th Gen Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
I agree i wanted splash guards to protect a little more from sand/salt in the northeast. I hate how HONDA just goes black on all their models though, i mean we pay enough! They fade after a couple years and look lousy IMO....

I am painting mine Body Color, PMM. here is a preview...

Still needs to be polished/waxed and installed. Was told to wait 30 days before waxing, so they are just sitting in my room on a shelf. My first time w/ auto paint, and its not perfect, but it will look fine driving by, i think you will only notice if you inspect up close.
Got everything from Automotivetouchup.com Touch Up Paint, Aerosol Spray Paint and Touchup Paint Accessories | AutomotiveTouchup | 888-710-5192 but they dont have 2012 colors yet, paint code is same on PMM from 2011, so went with that.
how many aerosol bottles did you use per splash guard. The black plastic looks kind of gaudy.

Reactions: Digger

·
Registered
566 Posts
Definitely interested in seeing the painted splash guards installed. I think it will make them look much better than the standard black pieces.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
What's the purpose for the splash guard?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
What's the purpose for the splash guard?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App
I have a black Si, and 2 days after I bought it rained everyday for a week. I noticed how much crap the splash guard caught that would have went on the car without them, happy to have them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got a white 2012 Si sedan two weeks ago. I had the splash guards put on about a week after I bought it and they really do cut down on the amount of crap that gets kicked up onto the paint behind the wheels. Not just water, but all kinds of black/icky road grime. I also really like how they look on the car. It fact on a white Civic they look just a little storm trooper with the black OEM vtech stickers. Once I get my black JDM style H badges, black SI badge overlays, blacked out civic badge, and dark tint on I think they will really complement the white/black theme.

·
2014 January FB2/FB6 ROTM
1,937 Posts
helps alot! its not bulky or anything and its not even that noticeable. i have a TW sedan and helps alot with the dirt from the roads.

@Antillie, Kplayground sells black JDM styled H badges :)

·
Registered
303 Posts
Trunk tray is very nice and easy to clean.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Trunk tray is a must, I have one in both my 12 and 04.i also have the net in my 04 and will get one for my 12 someday. The fit and look are exceptional.i don't care got the edge guards though, my mudguards will be for sale when I get the HFP lip kit someday when it comes down a little in price.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
102 Posts
my mudguards will be for sale when I get the HFP lip kit someday when it comes down a little in price.
I was considering nearly the same thing.
Dealer told me the price for the whole HFP kit is currently $3.8k. I'm not sure what part of that is the lip kit. What price do you think you'd wait for the lip kit to drop to before buying? (And do you know what it is now?)

Thanks,
-The Doctor

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Trunk tray is a must, I have one in both my 12 and 04.i also have the net in my 04 and will get one for my 12 someday. The fit and look are exceptional.i don't care got the edge guards though, my mudguards will be for sale when I get the HFP lip kit someday when it comes down a little in price.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
sell me your mudguards :O

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
I'm likely going to be upgrading to a 2012 Civic Sedan EX w/ Nav and was wondering what, if any, OEM accessories are recommended. Specifically, I was considering the mud guards and would like feedback on the door edge guards. Thanks.
get the color match mud guard, people think they don't look good because it's black.. wheel locks is useless, cargo net is great !

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'd like to install splash guards on my sedan but only if they'd offer them with the factory paint to match the car. Having a body shop try to paint molded plastic sounds like a bad idea because the piant will rapidly fade and you can't take off the guards once they're installed. This is my ONLY accesory gripe with Honda.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thinking about putting them on but was wondering after reading the PDF intall file does the rear bumper need to be lifted of its end clips to install rear guard like PDF says? Car is a 2012 LX.

Mar

41 - 60 of 63 Posts