9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working for a dealership, and being slow, it feels like my days now are just a series of wtf why isn't the clock moving moments, anyone else work at a dealer? Is it slow for you guys too? I really need to win the lottery, or my idea for midget mini golf and booze needs to take off in a big way.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,104 Posts
Find a good series of books to read. I'm in the midst of the Sandman Slim series by Richard Kadrey.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
Get a job that your not staring at the clock than time will go by much faster. I use to work at a job that I sat at a desk all day and for long stretches of the day I would be staring at the clock. Now I work at a job that I'm constantly moving all day so I don't watch the clock at all and time goes by fast.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not so much watching the clock as business, at least dealership wise has slowed immensely. Not really trying to give this job up as finding another that pays as well wouldn't be the easiest thing in my area, I'll have to check those books out and see what they're all about. Hopefully business picks back up soon, we went from constantly busy every day to a dead slump.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Best thing to do (if you are considering another job that is) is to keep your dealership job for now while looking for new openings in your free time. Use the boring slump days as motivation to keep searching and when you find something then you can move up. i've known a couple people who felt the same way you do at their old jobs and now they're both in new jobs that they're happier in.

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
Take a personality profile and you will find out what you're really cut out to do if that might be part of the issue. People aren't spending money now because of lack of confidence in the economy and certain people. That isn't going to change any time soon. You will have to "make your own breaks" as a personnel manager once told me when I was 17 y. o. He hired me for summer jobs where I made a fortune for a young kid. I asked and he respected me for it by hiring me for one of the hardest jobs but one of the highest paying jobs at the time and still is today. Go offshore. Never ever a dull moment.

·
Banned
58 Posts
Working for a dealership, and being slow, it feels like my days now are just a series of wtf why isn't the clock moving moments, anyone else work at a dealer? Is it slow for you guys too? I really need to win the lottery, or my idea for midget mini golf and booze needs to take off in a big way.
No. My day never drags on. I keep my mind and body engaged. Sounds like you need a better job to prevent wasting away. Wishing for a lottery win is fantasy and an indicator of serious wasting of time and challenge. Just an opinion.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts