9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when my car is not moving the heat doesnt work in my car,but when i start driving the heat starts to work,but when i come to a stop and my car has been sitting for a few minutes the heat stops working again..I think it has something to do with the Afe intake because i took out the takeda and replaced it with the stock intake many times and when i do that the heat works fine..Anyone else have this problem and is there anything i can do to fix it..i might have to call Afe and report this problem.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
when my car is not moving the heat doesnt work in my car,but when i start driving the heat starts to work,but when i come to a stop and my car has been sitting for a few minutes the heat stops working again..I think it has something to do with the Afe intake because i took out the takeda and replaced it with the stock intake many times and when i do that the heat works fine..Anyone else have this problem and is there anything i can do to fix it..i might have to call Afe and report this problem.
Why don't you try this......just remove the stock 90 degree plastic pipe on the intake side of the Airbox and use a K&N Drop-in Filter. My car has never
View attachment 14809 shown any problem and heat/AC works fine

Reactions: Digger

·
Registered
197 Posts
Nope.. ive never had that problem and ive had mine about 6 months

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Why don't you try this......just remove the stock 90 degree plastic pipe on the intake side of the Airbox and use a K&N Drop-in Filter. My car has never

I have a drop in k&n air filter but i like to use the afe takeda intake for performance,and by removing that air duct your car is sucking in hot air instead of colder air

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I have a drop in k&n air filter but i like to use the afe takeda intake for performance,and by removing that air duct your car is sucking in hot air instead of colder air
I'm aware of that - but - did you ever take a look at the factory ducting?? It makes a 180 degree bend down low and then comes up for the air intake behind the left headlight. Not that much difference where it's pulling the air from. Even in the HEAT down here I've never had a problem with it and sure don't feel much loss in performance

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm aware of that - but - did you ever take a look at the factory ducting?? It makes a 180 degree bend down low and then comes up for the air intake behind the left headlight. Not that much difference where it's pulling the air from. Even in the HEAT down here I've never had a problem with it and sure don't feel much loss in performance

when you took off the factory air duct what did you notice?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
when you took off the factory air duct what did you notice?
Certainly NO lowering of "response" - more "sound" - no change in MPG - but the removal of that 90 degree bend actually removed that bend PLUS the 180 at the bottom of the left fender PLUS the Resonator - and - now NO WAY you could ever suck water into the intake if you had to drive in ponding at the lower bumper level..........

·
Registered
908 Posts
You're doing it wrong. You need to leave the piping going down into the fender and unbolt the resonator and take it off. Your engine is now sucking in hot radiator air instead of cool air from the fender area... it's no good.

·
Registered
908 Posts
You can remove all that piping and just have the large tube that runs TO the resonator. The bends are inconsequential for performance (unless they're right at the throttle body)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You're doing it wrong. You need to leave the piping going down into the fender and unbolt the resonator and take it off. Your engine is now sucking in hot radiator air instead of cool air from the fender area... it's no good.
thats what i said lol

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Oh REALLY?? Did you ever take a "temp reading" from the Fender Area and compare it with the Intake Area around the engine?? You might be surprised. As far as "bends" go - if those "bends" didn't make any difference, then tell me why the Aftermarket Intakes are "Straight Rams" with NO bends ...... I do what works, not follow myths. Ever look at the Hi-Po engines from the 60's and 70's - with the Factory and Aftermarket Air Cleaners right ON TOP of the Manifold?? Where we they "sucking air" from??

Ever have a car with LOWER Cold Air Intake - some even Factory - and then have to drive it into an area of "ponding" at about Lower Bumper Area?? I have a number of friends that DID - evr see what happens when an engine sucks water into the combustions chambers - right THRU the Air Filter Element - even a "little amount" of water?? It's NOT "pretty......

1 - 14 of 14 Posts