9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I got a new phone about 3 weeks ago (Samsung SCH-u370). For the past week, the bluetooth connection dies for about 30 seconds and then reconnects. If I'm on the phone, the person is hung up on. Also, during this "phase" the phone is unusable.

Anyone else have this issue?

2012 EX-L w/ Nav

·
Registered
572 Posts
I had this issue also when i got my phone replaced. I took it to the dealer because i was so concerned. turns out its a simple fix. what happens is that the car remembers the old phone connection, and it continuously tries to connect to that one because its set as the default device. you either need to go into your i mid menu and delete the previous phone from the devices list, or set your new phone as the primary. i would suggest the former, since you don't have your old phone anymore i assume. I also did this. Now it works fine again. tinker around with it a bit, id tell you exactly what the menu progression is, but i honestly dont know it off the top of my head, and im not about to go out into the cold at 2 am lol. i hope this helped you some, though.

·
Registered
84 Posts
In my case (Nexus S), I pretty much need to disable wifi to be able to do anything useful with bluetooth, it keeps dropping otherwise. Try that and report back!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All fixed (fingers crossed).

Thanks for the replies. I already did things that were suggested with no luck. I finally called Verizon Wireless tech support and was very pleased. The guys was not belittling at all (that "Is it plugged in?" attitude they can get). I told him what I had tried and he said that I followed their guidelines and suggestions already. We finally decided on a full reset of my new phone. And... it works! So far... I drove my 62 miles to work this morning without one issue or error.

What I think might have happened is right when this start I had tried to do a software upgrade on the phone which never would complete bc I had all incoming data blocked on my phone. I think that had an affect.

Thanks guy!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same issue with my Nexus one... Turns out that the Car kept trying to download the phone book information every 2 minutes and would get disconnected... the fix was to connect the phone to the car via bluetooth and then go to the notifications window on the phone.. there will be a notification there to enable the permission to allow the car to connect to the phone book... Presto! I will get on occasion a disconnect here and there.. If I turn off bluetooth and then turn it back on it appears to work.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Bluetooth keeps restarting

Title sums it up. Got my bluetooth hooked up with the car from my galaxy s2 but for some reason it keeps connecting and disconnecting a lot, I cant even finish a song. Anyone else having this problem?

·
Registered
405 Posts
My android does the same thing sometimes, it seems more prevalent if I have both WiFi and Bluetooth activated at the same time, also if I have Bluetooth on and get in the car and it auto syncs it seems to happen more. My fix so far has been to turn off bluetooth on my phone, get in, start the car, turn on bluetooth on my phone and then manually sync. It has yet to disconnect a single time since I've done those steps, sure it's more of a hassle but it seems to work. Until I hear of a definitive honda software fix or something from you guys, I'll keep doing it that way.

·
Registered
122 Posts
thats what ive been doing, noted i keep bluetooth off unless im using it. ill keep trying to see whats going on, or if there are any other tricks that might work. if not ill let honda know when i have to roll in to get my plates

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the Samsung Galaxy s2 and have the same problem. Only fix I've found is to get in the car, start the car, then restart the phone. Its a pain but I haven't found a better solution. Its okay on long trips but sucks on short drives.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a problem with a Galaxy S4 mini disconnecting and reconnecting the bluetooth at regular intervals during a call. I installed an app called Bluetooth Keepalive and this solved the problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts