9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Anyone have experience buying parts through FKX Racing?

13K views 33 replies 17 participants last post by  Anklebite 
#1 ·
Bought a subframe brace from FKX Racing as they are one of the few companies I have found that make subframe brace. Purchased direct from their site but when I went to call for updated shipping info the number was based out of Hawaii and went straight to some automated voicemail. Anyone have any experience with these guys direct? fkx racing

#2 ·
The owner is Andy, he posts here all the time and he's a great guy. He's a true car guy and really cares about his customers. His number has recently changed so maybe that's why your having problems contacting him. I buy all my Eneos oil and Honda oil filters from FKX as well as various Spoon and performance goodies. He goes by the name of 'team3d' on here. Feel free to send him a private message.

#21 ·
Does anyone know if this brace comes with “spacers”. I bought a Truhart subframe brace, and the mechanic can’t install it cause he claims the part is missing spacers?? I checked for missing hardware, but it doesn’t come with them. I’m having a hard time trying to find rear (subframe) upgrades for my 2015 civic si coupe.

#4 ·
I use Fkxracing for my braces and Camber arms, I'll most likely be getting the Buddy club bbk from them too.

Reactions: pjdublada858
#6 ·
UPDATE...
was given some updated contact info and spoke with Andy personally tonight. Got some cool news that the subframe brace I will get is actually an update version with better performance. Excellent customer service and glad to know I have found a legit company with nice parts at decent prices. Instagram is definitely best option for contacting FKX Racing if anyone should need to in the future.

#7 ·
Update.
So unfortunately have to report after a LOT of waiting I was issued a refund. The part listed on site was apparently not in stock and I was told a new version was being made and originally told probably 2 to 3 week wait on the new version of the brace from date of purchase. After that time passed contacted again and was told still no braces but was shown pictures of the one that the machine shop had made for him and was told he would test fit and should have some ready soon. Told me I had only paid $180 but the "new" version would sell for $250 but apparently would still honor my purchase. Was told he would have 3 braces ready to go this past Wednesday....again though was told shop had yet to start them. Offered me some truhart brace for $120 shipped (same price as eBay). Refund issued following day. Asked about a possible discount on set of spacers for all the b.s since this was a pretty disappointing experience, even after being super pleasant and not really giving too much grief over it all and was told no.
All in all won't do business with this guy again and probably wouldn't recommend him. He seems to have done good business here and locally to him but unfortunately this was not one of those experiences.

#15 ·
I have placed at least 5 orders from FKX Racing and have had no issues whatsoever - I'm in Florida as well, a long distance from them.
I can say that DM'ing through Instagram has been a help for a quick response.

Each person will have their own opinion and experience, but I'll keep buying from them as they offer great pricing, free shipping and good customer service in my opinion.

#18 ·
Yes, I recently purchased the Wilwood BBK and got some HAMP oil filters. Fast shipping. Best way to get in contact with them is thru IG.

#20 · (Edited)
Bought a subframe brace from FKX Racing as they are one of the few companies I have found that make subframe brace. Purchased direct from their site but when I went to call for updated shipping info the number was based out of Hawaii and went straight to some automated voicemail. Anyone have any experience with these guys direct? Nox Vidmate VLC
They have excellent customer service, are easy to contact (phone, email, etc.) and prices are publicly posted.

#31 ·
"FKX" was very active on this forum in the beginning selling lots of stuff but since this forum died down many years ago after the 10thgen and now the 11thgen has come out they've all but abandoned the 9thgen platform as there isn't much money to be made on 9thgen parts now.

#32 ·
"FKX" was very active on this forum in the beginning selling lots of stuff but since this forum died down many years ago after the 10thgen and now the 11thgen has come out they've all but abandoned the 9thgen platform as there isn't much money to be made now on 9thgen parts now.
Thanks for reaching out. I get it and it’s sad cause he sells a lot of parts for our cars that others don’t. That’s why I buy a lot from the site but I’d love a way to contact him and find out what’s going on. Axion industries is also a small company like him but you can email or call them. And typically you will get tracking or a email update. I’m just getting nothing and it’s frustrating.

#34 ·
He typically ships usps and there isn’t always tracking numbers.give him until the end of tomorrow if he doesn’t get back to you dm me some info and I’ll text him. I haven’t talked to him in a while I’m not sure what he’s up to but I do know he won’t burn you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.