9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried looking around in the forums, and cant find anything to do with aftermarket clutches and flywheels. Like anything else with our cars, i think they are too new for companies to have products for, but would like to ask if anyone has heard or knows of anything out? I am interested in replacing my flywheel when the opportunity arises, but so far no luck in locating one. Anyone have specs on our tranmission and previous years? same? very different? i've tried looking at various online sources for info regarding specs of our transmission, but am unable to find anything.

Just wondering, how many others have had thoughts of aftermarket clutch and flywheel?

Thanks for any input/feedback.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I've thought about that too, I wouldn't do anything aftermarket any time soon though. I was just curious. No one on this site has really posted anything regarding the two so far.

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
any k series clutch on the market will fit your car.
Do we have source to confirm that one? It makes sense but sometimes they'll do the damnest things.

Reactions: Logan9thgenSI

·
Registered
908 Posts
The bellhousing is different, but the components are the same.

why do you need an aftermarket clutch?

run the oem clutch on a lightweight flywheel. don't waste money :(

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
run the oem clutch on a lightweight flywheel. don't waste money :(
That is what i am looking to do actually. but i cant find any references to the effect that previous years will work.

·
Registered
321 Posts
If you do a comp clutch you need an Oem flywheel from an 06-11 si. The lighter weight flywheel will spin to fast and send codes and put your car into safe mode. I know this first hand,because I have done it

Sent from my iPad using Autoguide

·
Registered
288 Posts
Ok so what does the flywheel exactly do? I want to shorten my clutch throw. My buddy has a 11 si and his clutch pedal is 2/3 shorter than the new si. Is that normal or aftermarket? He bought the car that way too so he doesn't know either lol

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
288 Posts
Wtf is that haha. Yea it's stiffer and it engages immediately. You literally blip it 2k rpm then drop the clutch and your creepin lol

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So apparently, i COUld use 8th gen flywheel with stock OEM clutch, but it would send codes. But supposedly flashpro could fix that tho. Not sure about all of it. Gonna b a waiting game to see if there is one eventually made for our gen.

d_u_a_n_e
K24z7 crew member #420

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
I kinda feel like our first and second gears are already rough enough, and putting in a lightweight flywheel is gonna make those gears acceleration only. Anyone agree?

I mean when in 2nd and going around a curve, leaving clutch engaged, and letting off the gas. This produces a horrible lurch!!

I had a 05 tC prior, and the lightweight flywheel made this worse in that car as well.

On a good note, the acceleration was much better with the LW flywheel.

·
Registered
677 Posts
What about an r18? From what I've read last gens r18s are pretty much the same engine as 9ths, they look identical, maybe they're just tuned differently. Would an 8th gen r18 flywheel fit a 9th gen r18? It seems like apples to apples but I don't know too much about it.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Im gonna go check, but what about flywheels?

d_u_a_n_e
K24z7 crew member #420

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts
Ya I saw them I don't know which one that I should get though I think I'm probably going to have to get the stage 4 although I kind of want a stage 3

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 39 Posts