9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As title says, anyone here tracks their Si's? Would be nice to have a thread sharing different specs, tires, allignement etc.

Most threads are focused on the whole offset/stance thing and it would be nice to have a dedicated track thread.

I havent had a chance to track my 14 yet due to a slow process of getting parts together but will soon.

My 08 in its funtional dd/lapping form.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Your 8th gen is beautiful! What wheel/tire/suspension setup do you have on your 9th? I plan to try for a track day in mine sometime in january or february. Is it just me or does the radiator in the 9th seem a lil small to handle 15 minute sessions in summer heat? I have never been on a road course in a car, I look forward to it!

·
Registered
188 Posts
I've done about 8 track weekends so far with my car at it just over a year old so far.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
Have you done any mods to the brakes? I feel like they are pretty weak in stock form.
Stock brakes and pads are designed for daily duties not track use. If your serious about tracking your car you'll need to upgrade to bigger brakes and better pads.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Stock brakes and pads are designed for daily duties not track use. If your serious about tracking your car you'll need to upgrade to bigger brakes and better pads.
negative, a novice at the track will benefit from just a harder compound pad, even for an experienced driver. Unless you are OUT braking your car, then that will be the only time to upgrade the calipers.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hope to see some 9th gens at the track late in Feb either Auto Club Speedway (infield) or Streets of Willow, gonna be the 1st time lapping the fb6.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Tracking my car in 26 days! Stock :(. But at least this way I'll get a good baseline...and hopefully when I start adding upgrades...I can see the lap times go down in the future. Will post pics and maybe video soon.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Have you done any mods to the brakes? I feel like they are pretty weak in stock form.
I did one full weekends on the stock brakes since everything else was stock just so I could get a baseline and they were pretty much done after that. Car only had 5800 miles on it at that time and I replaced them with Project Mu Pads, SS lines and fluid. Currently on my second set of those and love them a lot.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I had my car on the track with less then 10K on it. If i didnt have azenis on the front my car would have been sliding everywhere. Brakes were so hot i warped my rotors. Matter of fact they are still warped haha

·
Registered
352 Posts
Tracking my car in 26 days! Stock :(. But at least this way I'll get a good baseline...and hopefully when I start adding upgrades...I can see the lap times go down in the future. Will post pics and maybe video soon.
Where are you taking your car to track? Laguna or thunderhill?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey so just joined the forum for the specific reason that I'm trying to figure out the best way to start tracking my 9th, I have tons of track experience however it's on street bikes so totally different beasts. Just wondering what you guys like or dislike about your 9th on the track. Mine is all stock daily commuter so just looking to have some fun.

1 - 20 of 135 Posts