9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It looks like he went ebay route, I want oem like pictured below, looks like it is light and 3M heavy duty tape should hold it on, just checking if any one has tried, and if spoiler needs trunk drilling
spoiler.jpg spoiler2.jpg

·
400 Club here I come!
1,660 Posts
Looks light enough for 3m tape to hold it on, perhaps not forever...... But I think that it is possible, so long as you apply it in good weather conditions and allow time for it the tape to cure(common sense I figure)....

·
400 Club here I come!
1,660 Posts
Wrap I with some 3m carbon fiber pattern vinyl wrap before you put it on :) would be sure to stick out?

·
I Like Grits
9,655 Posts
It looks like he went ebay route, I want oem like pictured below, looks like it is light and 3M heavy duty tape should hold it on, just checking if any one has tried, and if spoiler needs trunk drilling
View attachment 13669 View attachment 13670
i wunder if sum1 walked up and pulled hard on the spoiler, with only 3m tape, if they walk away with it?

·
H2O in hydrant - K9P out
2,169 Posts

·
I Like Grits
9,655 Posts
I think I am the only one who has done it. Only using 3M tape. It isn't going anywhere. No, you couldn't walk up and pull it off.

BTW welcome to the forum. The search bar is your friend. I just typed in Hybrid Spoiler and this was the first thread to come up:

http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/appearance-body-modifications/9104-hybrid-spoiler-first.html

Let me know if you have any questions.
how do u remove components that are installed using the 3m tape?
does take a liquid of some type to dissolve the tape for removal?

·
I Like Grits
9,655 Posts

·
H2O in hydrant - K9P out
2,169 Posts
how do u remove components that are installed using the 3m tape?
does take a liquid of some type to dissolve the tape for removal?
Hey Digger,
Sorry I didn't see that you had already posted the link to my Hybrid spoiler post. To answer your question about taking it off: I guess the same way we take off badges. Hair blower, Fishing line and then goo gone. I don't plan on taking mine off however.

·
H2O in hydrant - K9P out
2,169 Posts
I searched and searched, but couldn't find an OEM one anywhere so ended up going ebay route.

·
I Like Grits
9,655 Posts
Hey Digger,
Sorry I didn't see that you had already posted the link to my Hybrid spoiler post. To answer your question about taking it off: I guess the same way we take off badges. Hair blower, Fishing line and then goo gone. I don't plan on taking mine off however.
np buddy, never hurtz to have bakup posts

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
There is some serious tape out these days,im sure if done properly with the right adhesion tape it will be fine,just dont tell anyone(so they try to pull it off).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts