9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i tried today...gave up after a couple hours...no matter what I did the battery kept hittin the clutch line bracket....I bent the lines and bracket trying to get it to fit..no dice....I dont want it to rub a hole in my battery so i put the stock batt. tray back in :(
any input?
thanks
Sent from my SGH-T679 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
the battrry bracket it self is nice and fits great....just that clutch line peiece is problematic

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Yeah I didn't bolt mine back up. Just left it hanging lol. My shifting to 4th and 6th feels weird now

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
^Yep, PRL has already worked out the kinks and Hybrid is under the process.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,551 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
import dps looks the same as rs-tech that I have...are there pics up of the PRL one?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
did you use the clutch line bracket they provided? or are you using the stock one?
i used theres and its pushed as close to the tranny as possible and it still rubs...no way stock one would work..idk i just emailed randy to see if theres a trick or somethin

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i figure withe battery mounted solid and the torque flexing of the motor itll put a hole in the battery eventually

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
i used theres and its pushed as close to the tranny as possible and it still rubs...no way stock one would work..idk i just emailed randy to see if theres a trick or somethin

Let me know what he says. I didn't mount mine at all. Is this bad?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I didn't know where it the line disconnected from so I could put it through the bracket hole. That's my reasoning for not mounting it yet.

·
Boston...we will not forget!!!!
1,246 Posts
no response today...im kinda pissed i payed like 150 something shipped and Im not putting it in half assed
I'm in the same boat kinda. They didn't even send me the bracket or hardware with mine. He said he was going to get it out to me asap. But that was weeks ago. I kinda give up. I'll just figure something out on my own.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I got the intake as well and didn't get the small filter that goes on valve cover

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
oh the breather..wow ..and thats a pricey intake...well if you talk to them before me lemme know and ill do the same

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm in the same boat kinda. They didn't even send me the bracket or hardware with mine. He said he was going to get it out to me asap. But that was weeks ago. I kinda give up. I'll just figure something out on my own.
lemme know how you install it...i gave up bc it was gettin dark cold and startin to rain

·
Registered
908 Posts
I'd suggest you guys wait for hybrids intake (it has a battery relocate)

You'll get:

quality design AND engineering (we dyno tested AND confirmed this beast to work)
hydrolock resistance (engineered bypass valve into the intake)
maximum performance

it's a true 3.5" inner diameter intake designed to make the most power of any intake on the market. They set out with that goal in mind :D

I have no doubt in my mind once they test fit a 9thgen their battery tray won't have these issues with whatever they design as a workaround heh.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts