9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
The Reminder light on the cluster or the reminder sound?

Well You could just unplug the connector under the drivers seat.

BTW: I believe the passenger seat does activate the lights too. So if you have something on the passenger seats that would probably trigger the light

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
You can unplug it, however I'm use to putting my seat belt on now lol. It's annoying when it beeps due to my passenger not wearing it though lol. Wonder if in the 9thgens we can write something on the welcome menu, hmm.

i HOPE so, that's such a cool little feature

Also, I don't mind the seat belt reminder, I like my passengers to have their belts on :woowoo:

·
Registered
794 Posts
Click it or ticket! Lol

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
^ That and doesn't it feel weird to sit in the car without a seatbelt on? lol I feel like I'm missing something without it, think of it as your car giving you a nice hug :grouphug:

·
Premium Member
3,686 Posts
Yeah, you should really buckle up. I don't go anywhere without mine on.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
Why would you want to disable this?

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
i disabled them in my Raptor and will do the same in my WRX this week. While i agree its a great reminder to buckle up, i have enough common sense to know i need to wear it without the annoying alarms.
umm yea but if you're already wearing it it wouldn't go off in the first place? lol

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
I guess some people start their car before putting their seatbelt on. I know I do. Seat belt only goes on before I drive away and sometimes only half way down the block.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
umm yea but if you're already wearing it it wouldn't go off in the first place? lol
true, but it get's annoying when your just moving your car or going a short distance. If im moving parking spots, or driving 1 street over to my buddies houce (not even leaving my neighborhood, so only doing about 10 mph since there's kids) i wont put it on. and the one in my truck is very loud and the one in my WRX is the most annoying i have ever heard in a car!

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
About 10 years ago I lived near a really dangerous intersection, about 4-5 houses away from it. My neighbor, who was even closer to the intersection then I was, pulled out of his driveway, got to the intersection, and then got T-Boned at like 50mph....Accident happened within 45 seconds of him getting into the car and about 150 feet from his house.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
About 10 years ago I lived near a really dangerous intersection, about 4-5 houses away from it. My neighbor, who was even closer to the intersection then I was, pulled out of his driveway, got to the intersection, and then got T-Boned at like 50mph....Accident happened within 45 seconds of him getting into the car and about 150 feet from his house.

good point, i guess i forgot to mention that the nearest intersection from my house is just over a 1/4 mile away......

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
good point, i guess i forgot to mention that the nearest intersection from my house is just over a 1/4 mile away......
lol! yea and you dont live in NJ where people dont know how to drive.... so its all good I agree with your seatbelt thing. I admit I dont wear it sometimes either and the chime on my MDX is really annoying, even more then the civic, but at least it goes away after about 25 miles of driving.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Here's a one step way to disable the seatbelt chime.

WEAR YOUR SEATBELT STUPID!!!

1 - 20 of 195 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.