9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have quite a few parts from a previous build (B series EG) and I would like to use as much as possible. With that said I see that PRL and Full Race both use a vertical flow intercooler, has anyone used a pass through type intercooler on the 12' Si (or 06-11 as they are a pretty similar setup). If so, how did you route your chargepipe on the passengers side? Thanks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't look at the picture close enough to see it is a passthough just the charge pipes route from the same side. On mine the chargepipes enter/exit opposite sides (the $300 Greddy universal one). Some things I will be ordering i.e. manifold, downpipe, intake but the turbo, wastegate, bov, and intercooler I am hoping to reuse. Just to weigh my options though, do you offer other wastegates for an upcharge? I am partial to Tial wastegates/bov's and Garrett turbos. Thanks.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I didn't look at the picture close enough to see it is a passthough just the charge pipes route from the same side. On mine the chargepipes enter/exit opposite sides (the $300 Greddy universal one). Some things I will be ordering i.e. manifold, downpipe, intake but the turbo, wastegate, bov, and intercooler I am hoping to reuse. Just to weigh my options though, do you offer other wastegates for an upcharge? I am partial to Tial wastegates/bov's and Garrett turbos. Thanks.

yes we can do other wastegates and turbo option as an upcharge. the reason you don't see many intercoolers on the 8th and 9th gen civic si's that the pipes enter from opposite sides is because having the intake on the front side of the motor, the piping would get even more crazy coming out on the passenger side, wrapping around the core support 180 degrees, crossing in front of the motor and having to make another 180 degrees to get back into the throttle body. it would be even more piping involved than how we do it or how the vertical flow intercoolers do it. also, you have a ton of A/C plumbing over on the passenger side of the motor that doesn't have much room to fit pipes through.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I have done a lot more research and I will save money by reselling my turbo components and not acquiring costs to complete my "homemade" kit vs buying the complete kit. Now that I know I can upgrade to a Tial wastegate (again I am biased towards them and I'm sure Precision is just fine), I will proceed that route. Thanks for all the information.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts