9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
2012 civic Si
Discussion Starter #1

Looks nice, I'm sure it's too new for anyone to have a legit review yet. It's about the same price as the Acuity shifter which makes this a tough choice for someone trying to make the decision.

Registered
2012 civic Si
Discussion Starter #3
Based on reviews from previous HR shifters that seems unlikely. I haven't used either shifter though so I'm just going off what others have said. I've used both companies products and have nothing negative to say about either. Im just happy there is some competition being brought to the table finally.

Registered
2012 CBP FG4
Damn, side by side that HR actually looks better than the Acuity. And I ALWAYS like Acuity's part styling more than others. But that unit looks really good.

Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe

Registered
2015 si sedan : acuity/rbc/rdx/plm/hondata/etunez
it would be hard to not show it off. maybe a boot delete. either way sick shifter.

Registered
2012 CBP FG4
In reality that would probably be the move. I dunno that I would wanna lose the tray up there in the front of the center console.

Registered
I would only run which ever shifter lets me use the stock console. At the moment, I鈥檓 running the hybrid racing detent springs (highly recommended), acuity shifter bushings, acuity transmission selector springs, sirimoto short shifter kit with shifter base bushings, and a 25mm shifter extension. If I could make the throw shorter, I鈥檇 run my 50mm extension.

Registered
I would only run which ever shifter lets me use the stock console. At the moment, I鈥檓 running the hybrid racing detent springs (highly recommended), acuity shifter bushings, acuity transmission selector springs, sirimoto short shifter kit with shifter base bushings, and a 25mm shifter extension. If I could make the throw shorter, I鈥檇 run my 50mm extension. View attachment 492859
....you can run both with the center console in place.... It would be completely idiotic for either them to design a SS that doesn't fit in it.

Reactions: Blackfg4

Registered
2012 civic Si
Discussion Starter #13
It does looks great. Can't wait for someone to try it out. Im in saving mode right now for the holidays or I'd probably give it a try.

Registered
....you can run both with the center console in place.... It would be completely idiotic for either them to design a SS that doesn't fit in it.
I meant the center console with the oem shift boot. Most that I have seen don鈥檛 run the boot which is too flashy for me

Registered
2012 CBP FG4
I meant the center console with the oem shift boot. Most that I have seen don鈥檛 run the boot which is too flashy for me
That's just because they wanna show off the hardware, not because it doesn't fit. As @TenZen said, that would be pretty foolish to design one that couldn't retain the stock boot and console assembly. Not saying that it doesn't exist, just that it seems foolish to do so.

Registered
Oh. You still can use the OE boot. I am. It gets a bit tight right around the part where you can adjust the shifter height but nothing major.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts