9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across this DC Sports Race Pipe for the 9th gen and the price looks great. Just don’t know if other people have used it and if it’s worthwhile.

Ps sorry if this is the wrong place to post this is my first post.

·
Registered
244 Posts
The downpipe? Haven't used it but considering picking it up for the price it's at now. I can assure you you will not find a downpipe for $202 brand new anywhere else. DC Sports is also a pretty reputable brand. Only downside is that it's a 2.5" pipe, all other downpipes are 3", but honestly, for the price, the different won't be much noticeable I think. Only other 2.5" downpipe is the RV6 and it's $450 but has a high flow cat, DC sports doesn't have a cat.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The downpipe? Haven't used it but considering picking it up for the price it's at now. I can assure you you will not find a downpipe for $202 brand new anywhere else. DC Sports is also a pretty reputable brand. Only downside is that it's a 2.5" pipe, all other downpipes are 3", but honestly, for the price, the different won't be much noticeable I think. Only other 2.5" downpipe is the RV6 and it's $450 but has a high flow cat, DC sports doesn't have a cat.

Yeah the price seems great the only reason I was confused is because I'm not too sure what a "race pipe" is. Also could you explain the difference if the downpipe has a cat or not? Is it just sound?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Yeah the price seems great the only reason I was confused is because I'm not too sure what a "race pipe" is. Also could you explain the difference if the downpipe has a cat or not? Is it just sound?
A cat is for emissions purposes. It's supposed to clean up the exhaust fumes a bit before it exits the vehicle, it also makes the car run a little quieter. If a downpipe does not have a cat, then there's nothing in the way that the exhaust fumes have to filter through, so it'll flow faster and be a little louder. Also adds a little more HP since it's just basically a strait pipe and allows the engine to get rid of the fumes faster.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A cat is for emissions purposes. It's supposed to clean up the exhaust fumes a bit before it exits the vehicle, it also makes the car run a little quieter. If a downpipe does not have a cat, then there's nothing in the way that the exhaust fumes have to filter through, so it'll flow faster and be a little louder. Also adds a little more HP since it's just basically a strait pipe and allows the engine to get rid of the fumes faster.

Ok cool. Do you think the base maps by Hondata would be good to run the down pipe or do I NEED a custom tune? thanks for the help btw

·
Registered
244 Posts
Ok cool. Do you think the base maps by Hondata would be good to run the down pipe or do I NEED a custom tune? thanks for the help btw
The base map should be fine to not have a CEL, but for optimal gains and performance a tune is definitely recommended.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Cool! I'm about to order it too. You think the SRI they have for $100 is worth it over the stock intake?
SRI isn't going to do anything performance wise, it's mainly for sound. From what I've read, the stock air box is actually decent and only like 1 or 2 CAI outperform it.

That being said, considering SRI sell for $200+, it's not a bad deal. Mine arrived today.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SRI isn't going to do anything performance wise, it's mainly for sound. From what I've read, the stock air box is actually decent and only like 1 or 2 CAI outperform it.

That being said, considering SRI sell for $200+, it's not a bad deal. Mine arrived today.
[/QUOTE

I ordered both yesterday. Do you plan on installing the sri?

·
Registered
244 Posts
I ordered both yesterday. Do you plan on installing the sri?
I just installed it today and drove around for a few hours. It's defnitely louder. So far I haven't gotten a CEL but I've read posts/comments from people who had this intake before that they've never gotten a CEL and if they did, it was after a long time. Install was pretty straight forward, I've had SRI before so I was already aware of the general process.

·
Registered
244 Posts
The downpipe I might wait til I get a flashpro and rear motor mount, but just thinking about spending money on those items, makes me want to cancel my order. I currently have a test pipe and haven't had issues or a need for a rear motor mount or tune. We'll see how I feel about it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The downpipe I might wait til I get a flashpro and rear motor mount, but just thinking about spending money on those items, makes me want to cancel my order. I currently have a test pipe and haven't had issues or a need for a rear motor mount or tune. We'll see how I feel about it.
That’s exactly how I’m going about things. I’m gonna throw the intake on and then the downpipe will be later when I find either ktuner or hondata for dirt cheap. Then I’ll install everything on my own and get it tuned. The good thing about the downpipe and intake is they were dirt cheap and will prolly sell for above the price I got them for.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That’s exactly how I’m going about things. I’m gonna throw the intake on and then the downpipe will be later when I find either ktuner or hondata for dirt cheap. Then I’ll install everything on my own and get it tuned. The good thing about the downpipe and intake is they were dirt cheap and will prolly sell for above the price I got them for.
That’s if I change my mind and don’t wanna spend the money like you said

1 - 15 of 15 Posts