9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm about to install BC Racing coilovers on my 2015 Si coupe and I'm wondering what spacer length should I get. I am planning to drop my Civic about 1.5 inches and I don't want my wheels to rub on the fenders. My wheels are 18" HFP. I do not want to roll my fenders because it's too much of a job for me. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Spacers will push the wheels out and make them rub worse. The hfp wheels are pretty conservative IIRC. Might have to trim some plastic and push in a tab on the fender, but rolling them should not be necessary. 1.5 inches isn't that much of a drop.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I was on springs that dropped my car about 1.5 inches and I have the HFP wheels. I didn't rub after I got an alignment so I'm confident you should be ok after an alignment. My car was out of alignment when I bought it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was on springs that dropped my car about 1.5 inches and I have the HFP wheels. I didn't rub after I got an alignment so I'm confident you should be ok after an alignment. My car was out of alignment when I bought it.
Thanks! I think I will be fine going with 20mm spacers knowing I’m on coilovers lol.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
You must have missed my post. You will NOT need spacers to prevent rubbing. If anything spacers will make you rub.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
OP never even mentioned why he want to get spacers what are you after? Want the wheels to sit flush?
Sorry for the confusion guys. It's my first time posting here lol. Yes, I want spacers so that my wheels sit flush and look a little more aggressive. In short, would a 1.5 inch drop with 20mm spacers cause any rubbing? Thank you all for your inputs :)

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I assume you are on stock tire size? 225/40/18?
20mm spacer should be fine. You can measure out 20mm from the wheel/tire and get an idea of where you will be.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts