9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just 5,000 miles on my 12 Civic Si and I have a lot of small dings in my windshield - are these Honda windshields soft or is it just mine?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In addition, I have had 3 stars already fixed. I am hoping I get a big one right in front of my FOV so I can get the whole thing replaced! (I have full windshield coverage - no deduct.)

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,763 Posts
I've had a star fixed and another one hit...

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

·
Registered
199 Posts
It's pretty thin, but not soft, I'm not too sure about.

Reactions: Digger

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
I have a star to get fixed. Picked up that souvenir on my trip out west. Thank you Lincoln, Nebraska. I don't think they are much different than most current windshields out there.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Had a chip filled only to see it spread soon after...not noticeable unless you're OCD about your car (like me haha)

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Very much.

They actually will 'scratch' believe it or not.

Additionally, the dealership cracked my windshield while replacing the shitty rubber windshield cowl (along the base of the windshield) last week. They said it barely was a tap to the windshield and it cracked about a foot long.

I must be a fool for still buying Hondas at this point, honestly. How many chances should a company get to earn your loyalty?

·
Registered
518 Posts
I've seen and heard rocks hit the windshield, and every time I hear that certain sound, it breaks my little heart :icon_blankstare:
well on the plus side, out of all the sounds i've heard, i only saw 1 minor chip on the windshield

·
Registered
276 Posts
The windshield does seem to chip easily but I don't think it's anything new. I've had 4 other Hondas over the past 12 years and they've all been the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I'm about to have my windshield replaced for the second time! Unbelievable...

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I think a Honda windshields costs around $900. I have glass coverage with a $100 deductible.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 14 of 14 Posts