9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a customer traded in their 2019 wrx sti to my dealer, and I snagged these rims off of it. I can’t tell if these are real or fake, as I’m not too good with wheel authenticity unless it’s blatantly obvious. Please someone tell me if I got a set of reps or I got super lucky lol. If you need more pics I can provide, no stickers or writing on the barrel, just on the inner hub.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You would think the owner would of taken them off before trading the vehicle if they were legit. You can try weighing them and see how much they weigh.
That’s what I thought initially, but the guy moved out of the country, he didn’t actually trade it in for anything he just sold it to us for cash.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
They seem to be. Real volks will say made in japan and fakes usually just say japan but who knows how clever replica companies can be these days.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts

This is helpful, but those look real.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They seem to be. Real volks will say made in japan and fakes usually just say japan but who knows how clever replica companies can be these days.
They seem to be real right? I may take them to a authorized Volk dealer and see if they can confirm this

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

This is helpful, but those look real.
I read that thread and still doubting myself lol. As stated above I may take it to an authorized Volk retailer and let them check them out

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I read that thread and still doubting myself lol. As stated above I may take it to an authorized Volk retailer and let them check them out
Not a bad idea, but I would think those are the real deal. From my experience fakes won't have any stamping or logo stuff on them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For those curious, the Volk dealer explained these are reps. They showed me how they knew, but I can’t be mad I still got some really good reps for next to nothing. Thanks for the insight guys!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts