9th Gen Civic Forum banner

861 - 868 of 868 Posts

·
Baned
8,538 Posts
So... it's been a few months. What has everyone been up to? I learned the hard way tonight that Salt River PD shuts down the Pavillions just before 9:00pm. Maybe it's because of all the a-holes and jackwagons that rev their engines, play music too loud, or race out of there that ruined it for everyone else.

·
Registered
155 Posts
So... it's been a few months. What has everyone been up to? I learned the hard way tonight that Salt River PD shuts down the Pavillions just before 9:00pm. Maybe it's because of all the a-holes and jackwagons that rev their engines, play music too loud, or race out of there that ruined it for everyone else.
I went to that BS 1 time and never went back. Just a bunch of obnoxious idiot kids. Left after 10 minutes. I'd rather hang with a few 9th gen guys (even non Si's) then go to meets like that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey Arizona folks. I'm likely moving to Phoenix by the end of the year (maybe early 2018). Have an emissions question. Can you pass with a catless downpipe? I've read forums that they don't even look into it as long as it idles fine with a good tune. Am i better off swapping it for a catted dp? Would rather not have to.

·
Baned
8,538 Posts
Hey Arizona folks. I'm likely moving to Phoenix by the end of the year (maybe early 2018). Have an emissions question. Can you pass with a catless downpipe? I've read forums that they don't even look into it as long as it idles fine with a good tune. Am i better off swapping it for a catted dp? Would rather not have to.
Hopefully you already moved here and got your answer, but I'll bump a 1.5 year old thread with an answer. MVD requires emissions tests on vehicles 5 model years and older and you have to do it every year or every two years. Motorcycles are exempt. There are two lines at the emissions place: one for vehicles with an OBD2 sensor, and one for those without. Get in the OBD line and they'll just hook up a plug to the port and do all the diagnostic tests off that. Be sure to cover all your "I support global warming" or other stickers that might indicate you forgot to put the catalytic converter back on so then they won't use the sniffers because you'll fail.

One of my vehicles might not have a catalytic converter on it. I saved the old exhaust just in case I fail because they can smell the exhaust from a mile away. I haven't had any issues... yet.

861 - 868 of 868 Posts