9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here it is, just got it from the UPS man. Took about 5 min to install. Comes with VERY good instructions. I was going to do a DIY but there is really no need to. It is extremely easy. I give it a 1/10 on difficulty level.

IMG_2441.jpg
Here is what is in the box. Instruction Packet.

IMG_2442.jpg
Intake already come "assembled"

IMG_2443.jpg
This is what it looks like installed with the Red TBS

IMG_2444.jpg
Same just a different angel.

Just took it for a 5 min test drive. Holy s**t. This thing is AWESOME!. My long lost love for V-tech cross over is BACK! You can actually feel the V-tech. It starts out with a whistle in the lower RPMs (kinda like a turbo) then about 4k it switches into a deep growl. The feel is like night and day! I will not be dyno-ing it, my butt dyno is all I need. Hands down the best 240 I have spent on ANY of my cars so far. It is A LOT more of a gain then I saw in my 8th Gen SI. I would highly recommend this to all SI owners. I will not being taking videos I have no way to upload them, if I can think of how to upload it I might do it.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also let me know if you do want a DIY I think I have enough pics to make one for someone that REALLY needs it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sweet, mine should be here in a couple of more hours. Nice to know that it was an easy setup. Have you already deleted you intake resonator?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sweet, mine should be here in a couple of more hours. Nice to know that it was an easy setup. Have you already deleted you intake resonator?
Not yet the instructions say to leave it in. I might take it out tho because it is not attached to factory airbox anymore so it is quite loose.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Awesome! I'm still at work but excited to install this tonight. I'll post pics and videos!

Sent From My LG G2x

·
Registered
343 Posts
congrtas on your intake.....as for me im still debating if im gonna drive all the way down to ART to get one or wait for flashpro to come out so i can purchase the intake and dyno at the same time

·
Registered
59 Posts
ART SRI installed:woowoo:

It is an easy set up and sounds great under full throttle, deep growl! Like with any performace part, makes you want more:pinkvtec:

I did get mine in a red powder coat in homage to the SI

·
Registered
46 Posts
Is the vtec crossover close to the rsx type-s vtec crossover with this SRI? It would be awesome
Never!!..

As a real honda guy i had a RSX-S ,+ some B18C-R,B16A, and those Vtec cross over are loud!!,my 2011 SI with the K&N Typhoon was nice also..with the ART SRI on our K24 you can here the VTEC change but its never near those K20

The K24Z7 as vtec on the Intake Cam only so you will never here the Vtec Cross-over as much as the K20Z3 or K20A2 that have VTEC on both Cams..

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
^ what he said^. It will never be the same as the k20. But it is 200% better with the SRI.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
471 Posts
Good to hear you like it! Waiting on Utahs dyno to confirm it's greatness but so far I love the new sound and it makes V-Tec louder!! for the price and power they advertise it will be much nicer than the injen intake. :D

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Even if it doesn't post the advertised gains. You will have the same thing as the injen; a cool noise maker. But you will have an extra 120$ in your pocket.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
249 Posts
can u post picture of how u installed it. im new to the civic. i just got my si yesterday and was wondering when should i install this and i have no car experience so any help or pictures for the install would be greatly appreciated. i look on the other thread that uTah was talking about this intake and decide to buy it but have no idea how to install it and hope it receive it soon.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Where is the best place to pick up a P2R TBS?
PN?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts