9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought the Atoto A6 Pro 2G-32G to go into my 2013 Civic LX Sedan. I went to Crutchfield and looked at the wiring harnesses I needed and googled the part numbers and sourced them from other places to save a few bucks, mostly from Amazon. I got Metra 70-1729 Radio Wiring Harness for Honda 2008-Up, a Metra Axxess ASWC-1 Universal Steering Wheel Control Interface, Metra 95-7882B Honda Civic 2013-Up Double Din Dash Mount Kit, Black. The dash came with a free antenna adaptor that didn't work so I will have to order one tonight and install it later. Also I want a different dash faceplate. This one is a flat black that looks ok but my old one was a glossy black with a deep textured look to it.
Everything went pretty good except the steering wheel interface. We called Metra and they helped us out tremendously. We got it to recognize the car but with the Atoto it did not have any presets built into the adaptor like a Pioneer, Sony ect would have so everything will have to be manually programmed is what Metra said. I'm a deer in headlights at this point so unless anyone has some suggestions I will take it to the shop to have it programmed.
I managed to save the back up camera so that is a plus.
The radio itself so far is pretty neat. It will take getting used to like a new phone. However I have noticed the EQ settings is a little wonky. If I turn one of the mid-bass controls all the way up all the bass cuts out so I will mess around with the settings a little more.
I also lost the use of the USB connector in the armrest. I would like to have that operational again also.
Sound quality is alot better than factory but I already have JBL front 6.5s and Rockford Fosgate 6.5 in the rear. The rears was a PITA to install in the sedan but after doing it once I'm pretty sure I can do it in a fraction of the time if I have to do it again.
So anyways I tried to add as much info as possible and if anyone has any ideas or experience with the steering wheel adaptor and input is welcomed. Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts