9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
2014 January FB2/FB6 ROTM
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today i discovered that the civics DO come with a button to mute your music if you gotta talk on the phone or whatever rather than turning down the volume and turning it up again when youre done. Its the green power button above the CD player. This is the volume power button. It said it in the manual but i never read that part haha. Thought i let yall know.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
From what I know, honda never made a mute button since the power button does the same thing which was cut the sound. Its nice to know, thought I wish it had an ATT button (lowers the volume at a set rate when pressed).

·
2014 January FB2/FB6 ROTM
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I know, honda never made a mute button since the power button does the same thing which was cut the sound. Its nice to know, thought I wish it had an ATT button (lowers the volume at a set rate when pressed).
Yeah that option would be nice

·
Registered
396 Posts
the only problem is when using my navi on the iphone there are times I would like to pause what I'm listening to and pay attention to my Navi, turning the power off kills what I'm listening to and my turn by turn instructions, it needs a pause for the iPod.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I thought it would automatically mutes or lower it's volume when the navi is in the works. Music music music beep* Make left turn in 1mile *music comes back.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I thought it would automatically mutes or lower it's volume when the navi is in the works. Music music music beep* Make left turn in 1mile *music comes back.

It does but there are times i want to shut the background music/podcast off altogether and pay attention to where I'm going but I can't do that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I listen to talk radio from time to time and found that radio commercials on those stations tend to repeat their phone number up to four times - drives me nuts when three or four commercials do it in succession.

I had a Miata that had a mute button on the steering wheel and my truck has one also but my 2014 SI Coupe has none.

I could not find a physical button on the SI that worked other than the power button and volume control on the steering wheel.

I did a search of this forum to see i anyone had found an actual physical way to mute the audio other than the power or volume controls.

No one had any suggestions other than to turn the volume down or to hit the power button.

After messing around a bit I did find that there is an electronic mute button available via the electronic volume control. However, you have to take your eyes off the road and touch the screen two times to get the audio to mute. I also found that I need to be pretty accurate when touching the electronic mute button or I just change the volume. It is easier to hit the power button I guess.

·
H2O in hydrant - K9P out
2,169 Posts
I wonder if one of these buttons could be pressed to temporarily mute the stereo. Never tried. Just an idea.

·
Registered
36 Posts
For those that have the display audio system, tap the volume +- on the touch screen and you will see a 'mute' button at the bottom of the volume slider that appears. Not sure if this is exactly what the OP wants, but maybe it will help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts