9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Automatic transmission owners (2013...& 2012 perhaps?) Does your shifter have play?

Hello 2013 civic owners with automatics. Perhaps any 2012 can contribute too. Does your shifter have some play if you were to wiggle it left and right? Or is it rock solid?

Mine moves maybe about 1mm in either direction. I'm just wondering if mine is normal or if something is loose inside that needs to be tightened. Thanks in advanced.
2013-Honda-Civic-Gear-shift play.jpg

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
Mine has play in it. Works fine. It's a Honda.

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,576 Posts
1 mm as the top of the knob? If so, then that's pretty close tolerance. 1 mm at the bottom of the shaft might be a different story.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
1 mm as the top of the knob? If so, then that's pretty close tolerance. 1 mm at the bottom of the shaft might be a different story.
Its hard to tell but looks like the top of knob and the bottom of shaft move about the same. If anything, maybe the bottom of shaft is slightly less but its hard to tell eyeballing it...I'm guessing it moves maybe 0.5-1mm at the bottom of shaft or maybe I'm just telling myself that.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,576 Posts
Its hard to tell but looks like the top of knob and the bottom of shaft move about the same. If anything, maybe the bottom of shaft is slightly less but its hard to tell eyeballing it...I'm guessing it moves maybe 0.5-1mm at the bottom of shaft or maybe I'm just telling myself that.
I went out and checked the play on my shifter. Virtually nothing. A small click when I push side to side, but no movement.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Just checked Black Betty. Not a bit of slop, play, or looseness in the shifter. Of course it still has the 6,500 rpm rattle in the cover follower thingie. As seldom as this car hits 6,500 rpm, it's not something I'm obsessing over.

Reactions: scottyrocks
1 - 9 of 9 Posts