9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All you people who AutoX and track their Civic regularly, what's your suspension and alignment setup?
I'm sure I can tune my alignment and bit better and raise the car a bit since it's kinda too low atm, but I'm wondering what you guys have first of all.

As for me, I'm running Megan coils. 215/45/17 Hankook Ventus HR II on 17x8s. (I kinda want to up the tire width to 245s)
My alignment at the moment is -1.5 deg front, around -3 in rear. Toe is zeroed.
Front dampening is at half, and rear is quarter.

With this setup, still sliding all over the place, although that could just be me being too aggressive. Just a bit too much understeer for my taste.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I would say go to 225's that will keep your turning radius I am pretty sure

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: team3d

·
Banned
2,669 Posts
I track my civic thicker rear sway bars and chassis reinforcement are a must.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm planning on 225s for my si so I think there is no reason for 245 on an r18 unless you've got a really big turbo. Just get some sticky tires like rs3s or rivals. They're on sale on tire rack right now 129 for rivals and 135 for rs3s both are 225/45/17. I'm about to order the rs3s because the added tread depth (7/32 vs 8.8/32) should work out to several extra autocross sessions. An RSB will help with your oversteer problem.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Was thinking of an RSB and front tie bar earlier this year. Looks I should actually get on it!

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
front lower tie bar will only improve your steering response, rear sway bar will change your stock understeer to oversteer depends on your size.

your immdiate issue is your tires... like BAM says, get rs3, it will help alot...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was looking at Kumho XS and the RS3. I might get the XS because of the contigencies and the cheaper price. Also I want something I can daily in as well and was looking at the old Hankook Evo since they're on closeout right now in Tire Rack.

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
I was looking at Kumho XS and the RS3. I might get the XS because of the contigencies and the cheaper price. Also I want something I can daily in as well and was looking at the old Hankook Evo since they're on closeout right now in Tire Rack.
hankook evo v1 are already sold out on 225/45-17

·
Registered
204 Posts
All you people who AutoX and track their Civic regularly, what's your suspension and alignment setup?
I'm sure I can tune my alignment and bit better and raise the car a bit since it's kinda too low atm, but I'm wondering what you guys have first of all.

As for me, I'm running Megan coils. 215/45/17 Hankook Ventus HR II on 17x8s. (I kinda want to up the tire width to 245s)
My alignment at the moment is -1.5 deg front, around -3 in rear. Toe is zeroed.
Front dampening is at half, and rear is quarter.

With this setup, still sliding all over the place, although that could just be me being too aggressive. Just a bit too much understeer for my taste.

How fast do you go through tires with that setup ?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've heard from most people at the autox events I go to that close to 0 neg rear camber is the best way to go, I'm running 255s front and rear, stock front camber and almost -3 rear, koni yellows with tein s techs, and I get very little oversteer. Probably because of the rear camber and large tires. It is super manageable, no crazy lift off oversteer, mild understeer, and am putting an eibach 19mm rear sway bar on today. I know this is an old thread, but I figured I'd give this a shot. Does anyone else run autox in stx and if you do, what is your rear camber at? I'd like to get as close to 0 as possible (for even treadwear and from what others tell me at events) but I kind of like how stable the rear is now, and with the larger sway bar I'm curious what other people have encountered. You can see how aggressive the rear camber is below (mainly did it to keep from shredding the sidewalls while commuting through Boston to work... already ruined 1 Falken Azenis, not looking to do it again).

Si.jpg

·
Registered
76 Posts
how did you fit 255's in the rear without rubbing? can you post a pic from the rear view?

·
Registered
34 Posts
The Civic Si I think does well with negative camber in the rear. My STX setup is -3.0 F and -2.5 R with 1/8" toe out in F and 0 toe in the R. Currently I am using a 24mm rear sway bar and too be honest it's not enough. While I get good rotation at throttle lift more would be better. My spring rates are 7.5K on the front and 11.6K rear. And just like the previous comment, how did you fit 255's on the rear? Very nice if you made it work. I'm running 245/40/17 on 17"x 8" TSW Interlaggos.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'm currently on a stock suspension with the Progress 24mm bar set to medium. Still running stock alignment settings. Coils are on their way. Then I'll start playing with camber settings. The car is still a daily so I don't want to mess around to much with toe and affect drivabilty and longevity of the tires. Currently running 17x8 wheels with 225/45R17. Picking up some 235/45R17 in the same Bridgestone RE-71r tires. Can't wait to put those on.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Dorman/SPC Control Arms, measuring, fender rolling, removing rear bumper screws, and a lot of persuasion with a rubber mallet did the trick.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The Civic Si I think does well with negative camber in the rear. My STX setup is -3.0 F and -2.5 R with 1/8" toe out in F and 0 toe in the R. Currently I am using a 24mm rear sway bar and too be honest it's not enough. While I get good rotation at throttle lift more would be better. My spring rates are 7.5K on the front and 11.6K rear. And just like the previous comment, how did you fit 255's on the rear? Very nice if you made it work. I'm running 245/40/17 on 17"x 8" TSW Interlaggos.
So you're not too far off from my rear camber then! Makes me feel a bit better but I'd like to get closer to your setup in the future. I just got a 19mm eibach (progress bar is double the price... after the rpf1s I needed to make a few sacrifices), but even without it installed, I don't find understeer to be much of an issue honestly if you adjust your shocks properly and trail brake a bit. Have you tried lowering your front tire pressures (32 is where I tend to keep mine, usually 30 beginning of day and 32 at the end as they heat up) and bumping the rears up to 38-40 ish? That worked wonders for me, along with adjusting the dampening on the konis just right. My car understeers like a plow if I put the front pressures above 34 psi... The 255s were definately worth it as we can go up to 265 in stx class. Front will rub occasionally on aggressive bumps but just the plastic liners, no fender contact. The traction in corners with 200 treadwear tires gives you a bit of an edge over the 4WD cars that can run 245s imo. I don't put anyone in the back seat anymore though... rubs in that case.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm currently on a stock suspension with the Progress 24mm bar set to medium. Still running stock alignment settings. Coils are on their way. Then I'll start playing with camber settings. The car is still a daily so I don't want to mess around to much with toe and affect drivabilty and longevity of the tires. Currently running 17x8 wheels with 225/45R17. Picking up some 235/45R17 in the same Bridgestone RE-71r tires. Can't wait to put those on.
RE-71rs are amazing tires solid choice!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts