9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll try to explain this as best as possible.
Sometimes when accelerating, usually in first or second gear at wot, the revs start to climb then all of a sudden it's like the damn thing just dies for a second then continues to accelerate! Doesn't happen all the time, maybe around 40% of the time. It's very aggravating. Dealer couldn't find any problems with it, just wondering if anyone here has had this problem. It's a 12 si sedan by the way, about 50,000kms on her now, been doing this a while tho

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Probably traction control. Thats my vote.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Makes no difference with trac control on or off, and no flash pro either. Put a short ram on a while back, but it did this even before that, I've even tried going back to stock intake with no positive results

·
Registered
275 Posts
idk...it really resembles the same issues with the traction control flashing on...i have the same problem when halfway out of a turn and taking it to VTEC =] ....just hold the traction control button for like 1.5 seconds and it should turn it off...the first time it freaked me out too when it lost power when trying to accelerate

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
It's likely cheap corn based fuel mixed in with gasoline. What a sick way to drive up fuel and corn prices. Vote the bastards OUT!!

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,255 Posts
I like Techron.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have the same hesitation that you are describing. I also just put a K&N sri on my car but i did not notice this before installation.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Unfortunately, mine was there before the short ram. But at least I'm not the only one experiencing this, hopefully it's nothing major, I like simple easy fixes

·
Registered
37 Posts
I get the same thing pretty often too and its definitely not traction control. My car is stock and just over a month old.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
under full throttle at low pm my K and N did it a few times.. just removed mine today, back to the AFT super stock kit with the throttle body spacer and the dry flow filter.. muchhhhh better, but i miss that vttaaakkkk cross over.:vtec228:

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Mine did this on ethanol gas without Flashpro. With FP and tune or reflash it went away. I just went back to 91 all gas vs 93 with ethanol and its like night and day with throttle response.

Edit: At this point I think I would choose 89 all gas vs anything higher with ethanol.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have noticed mine will do this around 3.5K to 4K. I have driven a Flashpro tuned car and it seemed to have been fixed in that car. Maybe something to do with Ethanol concentration/Emmisions???

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm victim of this issue as well. 2013 si sedan.
I live in downtown and always go to the same gas station and while I was out yesterday ran the tank to nill and filled up else where.
Haven't noticed the issue since.

IMO these cars are aggressively tuned from the factory to reach the numbers that they do. Any deviation from optimal conditions and the car reacts in a noticeable way.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Mine did this same thing,exactly.It has done it as long as I remember until I started tuning with Vit a few days ago,there has been no hesitation whatsoever since.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts