9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm bummed no solution was found. It's not the clutch or traction control, the engine cuts out if your foot if you floor it at about 3-4,000 RPMs.

If you only put about 40% throttle into it, it's fine. Any more, it happens.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm bummed no solution was found. It's not the clutch or traction control, the engine cuts out if your foot if you floor it at about 3-4,000 RPMs.

If you only put about 40% throttle into it, it's fine. Any more, it happens.
Any update on this problem? My 13 is doing the same thing. I've just started digging on this problem but it seems like a hard one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 14 and was getting an almost stall coming off the line unless you feathered it. I thought it was CVT issue as I keep finding my fill plug blown off. (just ordered a new one)
I am about 110k now. I was checking oil, filter, plugs, etc and found a pretty large split in intake flex tube after the MAF sensor has metered. I think it is just screwing my mixture with too much air and stalling me out. Ordered one for around $40. Mileage is down to about 30-31 as well. Worth checking.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yea I did spark plugs and ruled out the clutch and new air filter. My next step is in that direction I think. mass air flow sensor. I'm not getting a stalling off the line just a hesitation during acceleration. Maybe bad air filter for years has wrecked the sensor but not to a point it's not working and throwing a code.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yea I checked your photo your right it Could be a leak when the engine pulls hard enough pulls a tube open. I'll check tomarrow

·
Registered
5 Posts
I pulled my airbox apart to prepare for tomorrows part delivery and I found a hidden giant crack right next to the throttle body. See picture. My intake is full of dirt and crap so that sucks. It was a bit difficult to pull all apart as the airbox has two exposed fasteners 10mm and then the back is held in by a rubber grommet with a post. Tricky to pull off as I had to empty the front area of the battery and air duct tubes, the battery cable standoff post ...all 10 mm. The MAF sensor is on top of the box with very little room to remove. I held it unclipped with one hand and used a long flat blade to ease each side off a little at a time by pushing carefully on right and left with my other hand. It is also clipped into the upper airbox lid with a green retainer that you have to get compressed to unclip. I would suggest a deep socket that is small enough to compress the edges while pulling from the opposite side. This needs to be done before attempting to remove any other stuff so you don't damage it. The flex tube that needs to come off has a 5mm I think on both sides. The throttle body side has to be almost totally unscrewed to remove as well as a few clamps on air tubing and stuff you can see in my pictures.
I did disconnect the flex tube from the airbox. Then after the 10mm were disconnected I reached under and with one hand all the way at the back with upward pressure on that grommet I wiggled the heck out of it until it finally released. I could pull it straight out past the battery cables and out. Then the other end of that flex tube almost completely unscrewed and un-hosed with a few hoses clipped into retainers near the back I could wiggle it off.
Dang.
Hope this helps if you have not tried it before. I can see now that my careless air filter changes probably caused the damage as I just pulled the lid up on the filter box quite rough before. I will be much more careful in the future with the new parts.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Civic has been having acceleration hesitation and power loss for a year now. I remember reading this thread last summer and thinking how the fuel I'm using couldn't possibly be causing such a drastic effect. I went down the same path, about to clean my MAF sensor and throttle body today when I noticed a huge crack in the rubber hose between the air box and the throttle body, exactly where you guys have it. I went around the crack once with some electrical tape and went for a test drive. All the power is back and no more hesitation. That tape should hold until the new part arrives.

F.Y.I. the replacement part is:
17225-R1A-A01

It would be nice if there was a fiber reinforced silicon part available.

I'm sure there are many others with the same issue. Hopefully they'll find there way here and read to the end.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The part costed me $12 and took 20 min or less to change. I used to have these problems with the old civics and acuras as well.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts