9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I swapped back my stock rear motor mount and couldn't be more pleased. I originally had both Hasport RMM and Upper mount, both 62a. I now have only the upper mount with stock RMM.

I originally installed the RMM because everyone praised it and quite a few members swear by it. It definitely took the engine movement away but at the cost of terrible engine drone and vibrations(especially stop and go). Any objects would rattle and just be annoying and embarrassing especially with passengers. Letting off the throttle at anything above 5k rpms would drone my ears out. In my own opinion, that is not a daily. The RMM was fun and games but the vibrations have become to much for me. I decided to go back to the Stock RMM with accepting the fact I would just deal with the engine movement. To my surprise, I was very wrong.

To put into perspective, this is how I feel with the "Stock RMM and Hasport upper mount" compared to both "Hasport upper and lower mount".(This is subjective, however this is how I feel.)
  • Vibrations have been reduced by 90%.
  • Engine movement has increased 10%, if not 15% MAX. (This was the real shocker!)
  • Next to none / significantly less engine drone. (I can hear my stock exhaust now)
  • Shifting remains the same.
  • No more rattling at idle/takeoff at all.
  • No DP clearance issues/rattle. (I have RV-6 Catted DP)
It almost feels like stock, however you still feel VERY slight vibrations. Again the real shocker is engine movement feels relatively the same and I believe this is due to the solid upper mount.

It took me about 30 minutes to swap out the RMM and I highly suggest giving it a try if you are going for a more mature daily.

If you are interested in buying my RMM I'll post in Sale section later for $85 shipped.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Odd that this hadn't crossed my mind before. The shuddering on launch is the only symptom my RMM causes, but I hate it. Pretty sure I scrapped my OEM, but maybe ill just buy a new one down the line.

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
it's why many la locals are switching to the innovative version 2 rmm, it have almost 0 vibrations and yet have stiffer mount (75a) than hasport (62a & 70a)

·
Registered
989 Posts
That's interesting. When I switched my RMM to 62a the shifting literally went from 1-3/10 being amazing shifts, to 7-8/10 being amazing shifts. Purely subjective, but yes, to me it made enough of a difference to keep it installed. Vibrations are a bitch with A/C though i'll admit that all day lol.

·
Registered
376 Posts
i have boomba mounts installed for the past year now and i havent used my AC once since then... the vibration is SOOOOOO BAD i almost hate driving my car all day everyday for work.

ive thought about removing the RMM and replacing with my stock one but never got around to it. i always assumed most movement came from the rear versus the top.

ive been planning on downgrading to a softer mount. maybe ill try this out.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
I've got both 62A mounts, and my car shudders like hell sitting at idle with AC on. Without AC, it's like stock.

One thing I plan to do is fill my stock rear motor mount with window weld, and reinstall it. If it makes a big difference, I'll sell my Hapsort RMM.

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
Like the OP, I too went back to stock because I just couldn't deal with the vibrations anymore and was choosing not to run my A/C even if it was really hot because it vibrated pretty bad. I switched out both mounts back to stock, though. Maybe I should also try like the OP and keep the Hasport upper mount. It sure sounds like a good compromise.

·
Registered
639 Posts
i have boomba mounts installed for the past year now and i havent used my AC once since then... the vibration is SOOOOOO BAD i almost hate driving my car all day everyday for work.

ive thought about removing the RMM and replacing with my stock one but never got around to it. i always assumed most movement came from the rear versus the top.

ive been planning on downgrading to a softer mount. maybe ill try this out.
If you sell them LMK. I need a set for track days.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Can any who’ve installed an aftermarket upper mount/torque arm with OE RMM give us an update on how the combo runs? Please let me know what upper mount you’re using too.

I planned to install Hasport 62A RMM and upper, when I install a FR catted DP I got a bit back.

Thanks!

·
Registered
890 Posts
If you hate A/C on vibrations at idle, have your tuner increase base idle to 850rpm. Mine did it to increase oil pressure at idle but it also reduced vibrations with the A/C on by 90%. Unexpected but welcomed change!

Marko!

·
Registered
87 Posts
This is an interesting observation. I got my car tuned before installing my hasport rear and upper mount. I never understood why people were having vibration issues with their mounts.

At idle, my car doesn't vibrate and feels like stock. There is a very noticeable vibration from taking off from a dead stop with the A/C running.

·
Registered
890 Posts
When the idle was set at 750rpm it was vibrating a lot with A/C on, not unbearable by my standard but my Ex used to hate it. Now that it's at 850Rpm, it's sightly perceptible at most even with my 70A mounts.

Marko!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey guys, I swapped back my stock rear motor mount and couldn't be more pleased. I originally had both Hasport RMM and Upper mount, both 62a. I now have only the upper mount with stock RMM.

I originally installed the RMM because everyone praised it and quite a few members swear by it. It definitely took the engine movement away but at the cost of terrible engine drone and vibrations(especially stop and go). Any objects would rattle and just be annoying and embarrassing especially with passengers. Letting off the throttle at anything above 5k rpms would drone my ears out. In my own opinion, that is not a daily. The RMM was fun and games but the vibrations have become to much for me. I decided to go back to the Stock RMM with accepting the fact I would just deal with the engine movement. To my surprise, I was very wrong.

To put into perspective, this is how I feel with the "Stock RMM and Hasport upper mount" compared to both "Hasport upper and lower mount".(This is subjective, however this is how I feel.)
  • Vibrations have been reduced by 90%.
  • Engine movement has increased 10%, if not 15% MAX. (This was the real shocker!)
  • Next to none / significantly less engine drone. (I can hear my stock exhaust now)
  • Shifting remains the same.
  • No more rattling at idle/takeoff at all.
  • No DP clearance issues/rattle. (I have RV-6 Catted DP)
It almost feels like stock, however you still feel VERY slight vibrations. Again the real shocker is engine movement feels relatively the same and I believe this is due to the solid upper mount.

It took me about 30 minutes to swap out the RMM and I highly suggest giving it a try if you are going for a more mature daily.

If you are interested in buying my RMM I'll post in Sale section later for $85 shipped.
sorry to reply to such an old post (but hey last post in this thread isn't that old), but have you tried stock upper mount and Hasport lower? I'm in a similar boat as you not wanting a rattle box daily, but I would like to improve shifting... I'm not in the mindset of "no engine movement rattles be damned!" haha

·
Registered
249 Posts
Can any who’ve installed an aftermarket upper mount/torque arm with OE RMM give us an update on how the combo runs? Please let me know what upper mount you’re using too.

I planned to install Hasport 62A RMM and upper, when I install a FR catted DP I got a bit back.

Thanks!
I run just the Hasport 62a upper torque mount and I like it. When I first installed it I did notice a slight increase in NVH, but nothing I didn't get used to nearly immediately. This thread is actually what made my decision to just run the upper torque mount. I will say, however, this thing wheel hops like crazy still with just the upper torque mount.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Good to know on this. I did the window weld route on my '08 sedan. Prob will just replace the upper on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
433 Posts
Sounds like upper is the way to go! MY Si is my daily so this may be the best compromise.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Did anyone who upgraded the lower mount hang onto their OEM and want to sell? I threw mine away a long time ago.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts