9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Civic LX Coupe and I would like to install a back up camera on the car. I found a part number for the camera it is 39530TS8A51 and the picture shows it has a wiring harness on it. Is this just a plug and play item or do I need another harness to go up to the screen. I can not seem to find any information on a part number for another harness. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts

·
Baned
8,521 Posts
Good call, GM. I saw this thread earlier and was going to search for "back up camera" but didn't feel like it. I thought all 2013+ Civics came with the back up camera. Unless 70Runner is not in North America and the market wherever 70Runner lives has a different version.

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
I referenced the online virtual official Honda Civic LX owners manual for the 14 model.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry guys I'm up here in Canada and the car didn't come with back up camera. Just wanted to see if it was prewired for one before I buy the camera and findout my weekend project is a lot more involved than expected.

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
I don't know either if it's wired.IDK why they just didn't make it standard on all North American models.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
different guidelines (read: nanny laws) for different countries.

i would think the harness in the car is the same as all....but, there is a blank connector somewhere for the back up camera to plug into, as well as a blank connector at the i-mid screen...or it's already there and because no camera, no input. i wouldn't think Honda puts in different I-mid harnesses for different models....however, i could be wrong (once this year)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys if it ever warms up around here I'll take the insulation pad off the inside of the trunk lid and take a look. If I'm lucky there will be a connector there that the camera will plug right into. I'm hoping that since the car was made in the U.S. that the harness will be there since all U.S.cars have the camera and it was an option up here. Makes sense but you never know!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi did you figure this out i bought a screen from the 2014 ex model and a oem camera, is the plug in the trunk area for the camera?
thanks

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,071 Posts
hi did you figure this out i bought a screen from the 2014 ex model and a oem camera, is the plug in the trunk area for the camera?
thanks
70Runner's last post was the one above yours, over 4 1/2 years ago. Unlikely he's still here. Butcha never know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts