9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to figure out where I could mount my balalsts for my HID fog lights. I plan on installing them when I get home after work. (yes im on the forum at work) :eusa_dance:

I imagine it involves a bumper pull but is there any way that I don't have to? Thanks.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've been trying to figure out where I could mount my balalsts for my HID fog lights. I plan on installing them when I get home after work. (yes im on the forum at work) :eusa_dance:

I imagine it involves a bumper pull but is there any way that I don't have to? Thanks.
Once you remove the fog light assembly (2 screws) there should be sufficient space to stick your hand in there and use a beam as a mounting point with some double sided tape. You shouldn't need to remove the bumper but it would be a preference if you wanted a clean install.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
that cranky admin
6,077 Posts
do you think double sided tape is a good long-term solution? I wouldnt want to hit one bump too many and have it start dragging down the road :/
There is enough plastic under that area that they wouldn't hit the ground, they would probably just sit on top of the aero/splash guard plastic

·
Registered
51 Posts
do you think double sided tape is a good long-term solution? I wouldnt want to hit one bump too many and have it start dragging down the road :/
As long as you use 3m tape and clean the area with a wet rag you should be fine. It's some tough sticky stuff lol. But like skrub said, you don't have to worry because of the plastic under guard.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
33 Posts
I used a piece of 3M the size of the ballast and stuck it anywhere I could. For the driver side fog, it's right behind the horn...haven't had any issues. I just checked them out the other day & are still stuck perfectly - I installed May of 2012.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts