9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Si, 45k miles, and I just replaced the battery at the beginning of the season in March, with a duralast gold battery. I usually drive the car on the weekends, but the couple times that the car sat for more than a week, it needed to be jumped. Other than that no issues. I know un used car is not friendly to a battery, but I still feel like it should be able to sit for two weeks and not be dead. Am I wrong?

·
Registered
2012 Si sedan
156 Posts
Sounds like some accessory is draining your battery down while the car sits. Do you have a dash cam, aftermarket lighting, aftermarket amplifier, aftermarket alarm, or something else aftermarket that's tied into the electrical system by chance?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like some accessory is draining your battery down while the car sits. Do you have a dash cam, aftermarket lighting, aftermarket amplifier, aftermarket alarm, or something else aftermarket that's tied into the electrical system by chance?
Nope none of that, only thing electrical I’ve done is plug in the wire extensions when I did the Acuity intake.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Someone else posted on here recently with a similar issue, I'll see if I can find their thread.
That would be awesome, I’ve tried searching but can’t seem to find the exact issue. So when I needed to jump it last, was this past Saturday, drove it around for like 15 mins, be it very aggressively, then it sat until today, fired rt up. It’s only been the two times the car has sat for two weeks that it needed a jump. Never so much as even a weak start any other time. I’m not overly concerned, I’m going to start keeping it on a trickle charger, but I’d rather not mask over an issue, if there is even one.

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
785 Posts
Someone else posted on here recently with a similar issue, I'll see if I can find their thread.
Was it the thread where they either broke something or the harness Acuity sent in the kit was made wrong?

·
Registered
2012 CBP FG4
284 Posts
Here we go

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2015 Si, 45k miles, and I just replaced the battery at the beginning of the season in March, with a duralast gold battery. I usually drive the car on the weekends, but the couple times that the car sat for more than a week, it needed to be jumped. Other than that no issues. I know un used car is not friendly to a battery, but I still feel like it should be able to sit for two weeks and not be dead. Am I wrong?
I’m having the same problem, I daily the car & the only after market part on my end is a led tail light. It Happened once on the highway scared the shit out of me. Someone recommended me a thing they called “battery post shim” its about 5$ on amazon. Im gonna try it and let you know. Schumacher BAF-2 Battery Post Shim, Battery Accessories - Amazon Canada

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a similar issue with an '08 EX Cpe.. tried trouble shooting it myself and just could not find the problem. Car sat for a couple weeks and the was totally dead... and I mean dead, so dead the remote key fob would not even open the doors. as soon as you hooked up the jumper cables the factory alarm would go off.
There is always a small bit of current being drawn by the security system, flashing leds in the dash and stero, plus the remote key/lock system listening for the key-fob signal to unlock the car.

Ended up taking it to the dealer.. it took then 2+ weeks to fix the issue. At first they said it was the fuse panel under the dash shorter and replaced it.. but then several days later they found it did not fix the problem, and said it was the guage cluster and replaced that.. one of the 2 perhaps fixed the problem, IDK, but after $1,600.00 bucks the issue has not returned.
I argued til I was blue, actually red, in the face with the service writer, his manager, and the sales guy who I have bought 5 Honda's from.. my argument, with an engineering and electronics background, is that its not likely that both of those parts failed at the same time... sure along the way the replaced both but after replacing the fuse panel and it did not fix the problem come on...
Had to take it back twice after the worm they had disconnected everything they could troubleshooting.. the rear lights were not working.. forgot to reconnect a connector, then the drivers door open/shut switch was not working the fixed that.

Good luck electrical problems like that are very hard to track down...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts