9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Installed my coil overs a couple weeks ago, did no adjusting. Want to adjust rear, spring is separate from strut. Instructions say to adjust both spring and strut. Should both be equal length? Friend says I should raise both with same number of turns. Is he right? The only thing I found on this forum is a video to adjust preload, but nothing on ride height. Help please

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
For the rears on the bc coilovers or any coilovers for our cars for the rear you adjust the spring for ride height and then adjust you shock for preload on the spring, it's not an easy thing to do it takes some time. I think the preload on the springs on the rear on my car are at about 10 millimeters roughly but look up what preload should be and that should give you an idea. Also to it might be different for every car, on my car I have BC br Coilovers with the Swift spring upgrade and custom spring rates.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I rotate the collar, do I turn both the spring and shock the same amount of turns? I'm assuming they are set at the factory and don't need to be set at equal length before making the changes.

I googled this question and the results I got was people asking this question and not getting any answer, such as a guy on the infiniti g35 forums.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks, that cleared some of the confusion.
Can someone type out a step by step on how to adjust rear coilovers? Like pretend I JUST finished installing them... I drop my car on a wooden block (in case it's too low), and BOOM the car is sitting too HIGH let's say, WHAT do I do now?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Can someone type out a step by step on how to adjust rear coilovers? Like pretend I JUST finished installing them... I drop my car on a wooden block (in case it's too low), and BOOM the car is sitting too HIGH let's say, WHAT do I do now?

Thanks in advance!
reviving this thread. Honestly I need a 'how to adjust rear height for dummies' video.
I need to slightly raise my rear, would i be able to adjust the strut without having to unbolt it?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts