9th Gen Civic Forum banner

581 - 600 of 606 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey! I ordered BC Racing coil-overs on 02/06 and they're supposed to come in tomorrow. I'm super pumped. :eek3dancesmiley:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Just so the information is out there. I asked BC about the difference between the BR and DR and piston sizes. Here's a quote from the email.

"The A-58 kit for 9th generation Civic is available in both versions. The DR version of the A-58 kit uses 46mm pistons front and rear; this is required because of the digressive valving on the piston. The BR version uses 46mm pistons front and 37mm pistons rear."

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I installed my coilovers this past weekend. They look and feel amazing. Once I lower the back on Saturday, they'll be perfect. :bluedomokundance:

mybae.jpg

:feedback:

·
Registered
1 Posts
i removed the two perches in the rear and now i hear a noise. It might be the metal on metal contact but my preload is pretty high and the both rubber ends are on the top and the bottom. Any ideas?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Does anyone know if the extreme low kit has the same front as the BR kit but just shorter shocks and spring for the rear?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey guys!
I was looking to purchase the BC Racing coil overs off someone.
Problem is I cant seem to find the applications list. It keeps redirecting me to bcracingUK which does not give me much info.

I have a civic Si 2015 sedan and the seller has a civic 2013 coupe non Si.
Any ideas if it will fit?

·
Registered
865 Posts
Hey guys!
I was looking to purchase the BC Racing coil overs off someone.
Problem is I cant seem to find the applications list. It keeps redirecting me to bcracingUK which does not give me much info.

I have a civic Si 2015 sedan and the seller has a civic 2013 coupe non Si.
Any ideas if it will fit?
It won't fit.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey guys, so I installed br type last week on my 12 si coupe, more so my buddy as I had acl surgery not too long ago. Need some clarity on adjusting the rear suspension. Do I match the ride height adjustment of the struts to the spring's adjustment collar? Should there be equal amount of threads on both components? I want to raise the rear. I didn't get a good look at the spring's ride height thread length as it was still bubble wrapped prior to having my buddy install them so I'm not sure if it did have identical length to the separate strut's.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I am pretty set on getting BC Racing coilovers, from what I've read and the research I've done. But, unfortunately I am not mechanically inclined for whatever reason no matter how hard I try things just don't work out for me. I love cars and can do simple things (oil changes, brakes), but I have never touched the suspension before. I would love to do it myself and I have seen several YouTube videos and have read several DIY's but I just have this feeling I won't be able to do it and I do not want to mess anything up when it comes to the suspension. I know you may ask why would I want to lower my ride if I can't do it myself, but like I said before I do enjoy modified cars and learning more about them. I am thinking it just may be worth it to pay a professional shop to do it all for me but was wondering what you guys on here had to say about that. I appreciate the feedback.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I am pretty set on getting BC Racing coilovers, from what I've read and the research I've done. But, unfortunately I am not mechanically inclined for whatever reason no matter how hard I try things just don't work out for me. I love cars and can do simple things (oil changes, brakes), but I have never touched the suspension before. I would love to do it myself and I have seen several YouTube videos and have read several DIY's but I just have this feeling I won't be able to do it and I do not want to mess anything up when it comes to the suspension. I know you may ask why would I want to lower my ride if I can't do it myself, but like I said before I do enjoy modified cars and learning more about them. I am thinking it just may be worth it to pay a professional shop to do it all for me but was wondering what you guys on here had to say about that. I appreciate the feedback.
Honestly not as hard as you think. Rudy from procivic has a good diy. I would watch that and follow it. If you are overwhelmed after watching that then just pay someone. Hardest part is getting the rear Springs off. You gotta unbolt the camber arm to get it out easily.

edit: diy is on youtube

Reactions: jkeis862
581 - 600 of 606 Posts