9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Sedan
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm new to the forum, I've recently purchased a 2015 Honda Civic Si. The first thing I did to it was install some godspeed coilovers and purchase some new tires. When I got an alignment for the car, a technician called me back to the shop to tell me that the rear driver side lower control arm seemed to be bent which drastically affected the toe alignment in the rear. He recommended for me to take the car to a body shop and see if they could find what was wrong with it, but I was thinking of replacing the lower control arm and seeing if that fixes the problem? Any advice would be gladly accepted. Also, I plan on getting a camber kit for the rear to help with tire wear and camber. If anyone can give any good recommendations. Here is the alignment if anyone wanted to see.
20200630_234649892_iOS.jpg

·
Registered
135 Posts
You should take pictures of the rear end of the car from underneath and behind. Most likely it is a bent arm... new rear camber arms would help... also you need to add more front camber if you want better cornering.

Sent from my iPhone X while on the toilet.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I'm curious how the front camber is within factory spec while on coils. The owner must have installed camber bolts up front, but not camber arms in the rear, weird. I use skunk 2 camber arms and have no complaints. They do come with a polyurethane bushing though, so squeaks are to be expected. a full degree of toe being off is a problem, that tire is going to be shredded unless you fix asap.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I'm curious how the front camber is within factory spec while on coils. The owner must have installed camber bolts up front, but not camber arms in the rear, weird. I use skunk 2 camber arms and have no complaints. They do come with a polyurethane bushing though, so squeaks are to be expected. a full degree of toe being off is a problem, that tire is going to be shredded unless you fix asap.
Camber does not really change much when lowering the front (McPherson strut) but toe does. Camber bolts are mostly used to add more negative camber

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: I took it to the shop today and they confirmed that the rear trailing arm was bent. It's the driver's side trailing arm, now the only thing I have to do is find it. Any website suggestions from you guys? I was thinking I could also go to a junkyard and get the part as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking about getting a Godspeed Project Camber kit. Also I don't plan on driving it much until I get this fixed.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Update: I took it to the shop today and they confirmed that the rear trailing arm was bent. It's the driver's side trailing arm, now the only thing I have to do is find it. Any website suggestions from you guys? I was thinking I could also go to a junkyard and get the part as well.
Oreillys sells the spc kit for like $175, comes with both sides and is adjustable.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
They only sell the Rear Upper Control Arm unfortunately.
Right the rear upper arm allows you to adjust camber. I imagine if you hit something hard enough to bend the lower arm the car would be immobile.

Edit: I see the shop said bent trailing arm, but I wonder if they meant the upper one.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Right the rear upper arm allows you to adjust camber. I imagine if you hit something hard enough to bend the lower arm the car would be immobile.

Edit: I see the shop said bent trailing arm, but I wonder if they meant the upper one.
His toe is way out hence the lower/trailing arm being the problem.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
His tow is way out hence the lower/trailing arm being the problem.

Ah, it has been a while since I did mine. I thought the toe could be adjusted, I don't know if there is a full degree of adjustment, but isn't the bolt at the knuckle for that? Again it's been a few years since I messed with mine.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Ah, it has been a while since I did mine. I thought the toe could be adjusted, I don't know if there is a full degree of adjustment, but isn't the bolt at the knuckle for that? Again it's been a few years since I messed with mine.
Correct, the toe is adjusted by the bolt connecting the knuckle to the trailing arm. So bent arm = toe can't get into spec.

At least that is how I am reading the OP's situation.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Word. Good luck OP let us know how it turns out. I'm sure that trailing arm isn't cheap.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update: I ended up getting a lower trailing arm for around $100.00 from a junkyard shipped. I then also got a Skunk2 camber kit from redline360. The install wasn’t too bad, and when I went to go get an alignment everything turned out alright. Here’s the alignment sheet after the parts were installed, and I’ll upload some before and after pictures of how the wheel looks later today.
E23D3883-5C84-4663-9FC1-DF72F4DE4A8A.jpeg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts