9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 524 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heys guys and gals i just purchased a 2012 honda civic never had a honda before. if anyone could help me by letting me know where to look for performance parts and what are the best to buy. thanks for any help from anyone.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
yeah, you got to wait, or be a pioneer and start using 8th gen aftermarket parts to see if they fit the 9th gen.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Let us know what you are looking for and we'd be happy to help you through the process. We have been diligently looking at what we currently have against the new diagrams to see what fits :)
great!!:eusa_dance: hopfully some suspension products from the 8th still fit!

(ex. coilovers,springs,camberkits,strut bars,swaybars,lower tiebars)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well looking for exhaust and intake right now to start off. went and talked to my local shop and looks like were gonna do a custom exhaust since there is nothing out there. but looks like since the bumper has no cut out were just gonna do a turn down with some pie cut and nice welding. and were gonna paint it all black. now the intake we took one off a 2011 and since they redesigned the car the intake wouldnt go in without some big changes so looks like gonna play the waiting game for everything.

·
Registered
4 Posts
2012 Honda Civic Sedan EX w/o Navigation

I am looking for some advise on the best engine modifications on my new car. Downgrading for a 2006 Audi A4 2.0T. I need something to pep up my new ride. I am looking for any and all ways possible. I want to keep my car clean without any noisy exhaust system etc. Basically I'd like to keep it quite, efficient and maintain my factory warranty (as much as possible). Which may be impossible but we can try!

Any advise? CAI, ECU modifications were my two starting points. But there's not a lot is out for these things. I know my old car would get from factory 200hp/207lb-ft to 241hp / 292lb-ft just with the new ECU.

I'm not expecting any miracles here. Just looking to enhance as much as possible for a reasonable price. What older models have the same engine as the new 2012? I hope that some of the older CAIs would fit? I also live in PA so I was reading about the snow/heavy rain getting water in the filter causing it to stall but restart immediately? I'd like to avoid this if possible but performance is whats most important and I'm sure they found a fix for this. Different filters maybe who knows. I could always just take it off in the winter.

I was hoping to keep all modifications under $1,000 USD. But money is no object to enhance happiness as long as its reasonable. I'm looking to increase top end performance because I do a lot of highway driving.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Well, one (albeit expensive) way to do it would be to trade in your EX sedan on an SI sedan when they become available. It seems like that's what you really want.

In terms of mods to the ECU, the engine in the '12 Civic is essentially the same R18 engine used in the '06-'11 Civics, with some tweeking. You are more likely to get advice on mods over at the Temple of VTEC forum, which has quite a few technical articles as well as lots of Honda-fixated gearheads:

The Temple of VTEC - Honda and Acura Enthusiasts Online Forums

·
Registered
462 Posts
I'm gonna say it, because it's been said so many times on the 8th, ...but shoulda gotten an Si. (as LennyR kinda also said too)

...but yeah, without screwing with your warranty, ...easy bolt-ons like an intake and catback, ...when they come out. I'm sure some of the 8thGen R18 stuff may fit, ...but research before you do. I'll say though, any of these bolt-ons will net you very little gain and probably won't register on your butt-dyno, ...especially if you're coming from Audi A4. Only way to satisfy your need for similar power is to go FI like how your A4 was. Gotta turn apples to oranges if you're gonna compare the two.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
either become a trooper and grab the 8th gen parts and try to see if they will fit or wait until the aftermarket industry comes out with parts for 9th gen. No one knows or haven't tried to see if 8th gen parts still fit or not but there are speculations.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I'm gonna say it, because it's been said so many times on the 8th, ...but shoulda gotten an Si. (as LennyR kinda also said too)

...but yeah, without screwing with your warranty, ...easy bolt-ons like an intake and catback, ...when they come out. I'm sure some of the 8thGen R18 stuff may fit, ...but research before you do. I'll say though, any of these bolt-ons will net you very little gain and probably won't register on your butt-dyno, ...especially if you're coming from Audi A4. Only way to satisfy your need for similar power is to go FI like how your A4 was. Gotta turn apples to oranges if you're gonna compare the two.
Props for your wonderful use of jargon. :eusa_clap:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Well, one (albeit expensive) way to do it would be to trade in your EX sedan on an SI sedan when they become available. It seems like that's what you really want.

In terms of mods to the ECU, the engine in the '12 Civic is essentially the same R18 engine used in the '06-'11 Civics, with some tweeking. You are more likely to get advice on mods over at the Temple of VTEC forum, which has quite a few technical articles as well as lots of Honda-fixated gearheads:

The Temple of VTEC - Honda and Acura Enthusiasts Online Forums
Doubtful, TOV is just a bitchfest these days. I doubt you will find anyting useful at TOV. I recommend Honda-tech and this forum.

But honestly, I agree with the above poster. Sounds like you should get the Civic Si. If you want to maintain the efficiency and quietness of your current car, the R18 is going to be hard to upgrade.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Lol, ...I have to say, a few threads in Honda-Tech is turning into ToV too.

I just thought, only because of personal experience, have you injected your engine mounts before or read about it? I've done it and for $20ish, it sure made a big improvement laying what power you already have down to the pavement. Although, you'll need 3+ days for them to completely cure, maybe longer as I left mines cure for a whole week, ...but look up how much they cost if you don't have the mullah to rent a car that long or if you don't have a 2nd car. Inject the original ones you had in your car and sell them here in this forum and break even on at least the cost of the OEM mounts. Of course you could also wait for companies like Boomba to make a set for them, ...but honestly, I can't tell the difference between my DIY injected ones and those with aftermarket ones.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
To add, beyond all stated. Adding and adding to the R18, besides supercharging it or something like that, will still have it be slower than the Si, and although I do like the Si a lot, it isn't nearly the fastest car on the road. If performance is what you want, you need to get the 'performance' model. Fuel efficiency on the Si isn't bad, it's less than the R18, which is still good IMO. And also, as far as I see, the new Si doesn't seem very loud either, you only hear it when the revs are hitting high, but that's the case in most cars anyway..

·
Premium Member
3,686 Posts
supercharge your Si and call it a day. :highfive:

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Agreed, SI is t he way to go if your looking for factory performance. The CAI you run a risk of hydrolock and it doesnt matter what filter you use on it. Messing with the ECU can be a quick way to void any warranty, or at least give them grounds to try and void causing you tons of headache. Honestly, probably not what you want to hear, but i say trade up for a SI when you can. The way Honda's value is at the moment is rediculous! I bet you only lose a couple thousand on a trade up since they are holding their value so well at the moment. Save your money and dont buy anything aftermarket just yet.....

·
Registered
565 Posts
Let us know what you are looking for and we'd be happy to help you through the process. We have been diligently looking at what we currently have against the new diagrams to see what fits :)
SUSPENSION!!!!

Springs or Coilovers... something for the love of god, lol.

1 - 20 of 524 Posts