9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking around trying to find best obd2 scanner I can find that isnt expensive. Got some codes I want to check out asap . Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
24 Posts
The best OBD2 scanner will always vary by opinion & how deep your pockets are.
There are a few Bluetooth Scanners or the traditional ones used at local Auto parts stores, those are a bit pricey though.
I recently purchased this Bluetooth OBD2 scanner when my wife's car threw an Engine code.
You do have to purchase the App as well ($10) so under $40 out the door, the highlighted one is for IOS (Apple) phones & the one to the left is for androids.
It gives my live readings, past deleted engine codes, & a few other cool features that I can't think of ATM. lol
My advice if ordering OBD2 readers online read the REVIEWS!
Best of Luck!

Attachments

·
Baned
8,538 Posts
I don't know if it is the best one, but it is the one that I have: OBDLink® LX Bluetooth | OBDLink® | OBD Solutions and I just use the Android app for it. I diagnosed my Fit's check engine light codes and passed emissions with it. I also use it on almost a daily basis as my Fit is turbo'd and I like to keep track of different things all at once like boost, engine temp, intake temp, speed, throttle percentage, etc.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I plunked down about $160 for the Zurich ZR13 and am impressed with what it can do. On my hondas it can access ABS, SRS, and OEM enhanced codes. (which would be about a $250 expansion for other scanners)
Having access to the enhanced is worth the price alone, and I couldn't find another scanner near this price point that could do it.

Don't wanna lose ya here, yes I bought it at harbor freight. They always have a 20% coupon available. A lot of their stuff I wouldn't have if they gave it to me but this is an incredible exception.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I love the bluetooth scanners using the "Torque" app on Android. May not do some of the enhanced scanning (ABS, SRS, etc), but for 99% of what I've needed, it's been perfect and very cost effective. Plus really awesome to be able to log stuff, graph, setup gauges on your phone for use while driving, etc.

·
Registered
27 Posts
ScanTool OBDLink LX Bluetooth on Amazon (sorry no link, not enough points...)

This one is awesome! I think only for android though. Used with Torque app. $50!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Why Couchtater,

What have you done with ABS, SRS, and OEM enhanced codes? Just curious if you have used them

Thanks!
On a family members 14' civic the SRS light had been on and the electric power steering acted up. A trouble light came on and the car had no power steering assist. Pulled a code of U0131. Using chilton's flow chart the problem went to "intermittent failure, system is OK at this time"
Sometimes the car will do it twice in a day, sometimes it will go months before doing it again.

Starting to suspect the clock spring.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts