9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to upgrade my suspension - currently has Skunk2 springs and truhart shocks (didnt have the money for better when I did it originally. Knew I'd upgrade.)
I do NOT track the car - just spirited drives on tight backroads and general DD commutes. Want something that isnt completely track focused but offers more than current setup on comfort/performance.

As title says - generally aiming for $750..can do $1000 if it's that much better of a setup. Thanks.

(Dont give me crap about the springs and shocks..for the cost of them they were not bad at all. Just want more comfort than feeling like I'm at the nurburgring every on-ramp.)

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
148 Posts
I knew there are a few out there in the price range........ but I ended up going to with godspeed monomaxx coilovers. It was recommended by a 9th gen owner who tracks their car for the past few years. Told me they are still holding up fine. Also to consider, they have a higher spring rate 10k/15k

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I knew there are a few out there in the price range........ but I ended up going to with godspeed monomaxx coilovers. It was recommended by a 9th gen owner who tracks their car for the past few years. Told me they are still holding up fine. Also to consider, they have a higher spring rate 10k/15k
This is the reason I ask lol companies like godspeed - I either hear people who recommend and others claiming they're junk. Idc about anyone's opinion on a brand as long as it works.

I'll check them out - thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This post will be followed with "properly setting up coilovers" as when I was younger - the goal was simply low as possible lol now I just want minimal wheel gap, still comfy ride and not ride like a autocross car 24/7. Here comes lots of research seems like a PIA constantly taking the things apart to tweak but so-goes the parts. Want what I want gotta work on it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've had them on my car for 5k+ miles so far. No issues, no noise....... they've been holding up fine and POS roads in the DC area. I asked numerous questions, and the guy I spoke with supposedly spoke with Godspeed about their cheap prices (forgot what the reasoning was). Also, I did find a site where it shows the country in which each coilover is produced: Where are coilovers made? Our ultimate guide!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts