9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Upping the boost on my supercharged si; and even with pilot sport 4s tires, I still spin 2nd (will be installing gear x gears here shortly - which should help with traction because of the longer gearing). I'm looking for some tires that will give me more grip. I've done alot of research, but it seems like there are mixed reviews on every tire. My predicted new power level will be in 450whp range. I was looking at r888r, a052, and other streetable track tires. I'm planning on just installing them on the fronts. Does anyone on here have first experience with r compound tires in terms of grip and daily usage. My car is mostly driven on nice weathered days and is not my daily car. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
You could look at a drag radial like the nitto nt05 or nt555r. Bfg or Mickey Thompson may have some options as well depending on what size you want to run.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You could look at a drag radial like the nitto nt05 or nt555r. Bfg or Mickey Thompson may have some options as well depending on what size you want to run.

ahh, I forgot to metion...... as of now, I'm going to be running stock specs until I get wheels: 225/40/18

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
ahh, I forgot to metion...... as of now, I'm going to be running stock specs until I get wheels: 225/40/18
I think the nt05 and r888 come in that size.

I've heard good things about the r888 but it's really an autocross/track tire so I dunno if straight line grip is the main focus versus the drag radials. They only have a 100 wear rating so maybe they are the stickier option.

What kind of miles do you put on the car? The drag radial may also be the safer bet in the rain.

All of this said, you are probably still going to spin on the street. 300wtq in a fwd car is hard to hook.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the nt05 and r888 come in that size.

I've heard good things about the r888 but it's really an autocross/track tire so I dunno if straight line grip is the main focus versus the drag radials. They only have a 100 wear rating so maybe they are the stickier option.

What kind of miles do you put on the car? The drag radial may also be the safer bet in the rain.

All of this said, you are probably still going to spin on the street. 300wtq in a fwd car is hard to hook.

well, last year I put a good amount of miles as it was my daily for 2 months and I did alot of back n forth driving to MercRacing. But, I'd say this year I'll put about 5-10k during the summer months and any nice days. Yea, it's weird because I've seen videos where ppl say the r888r are ok in the rain and others say NEVER to drive them in the rain. Rain isn't too much of a concern; however, I would like a piece of mind just in case it starts raining when I'm out.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I would say the r888 may last about 5k miles so just keep that in mind.
I'm sure light rain is no issue but heavy rain, I would not feel confident on the highway.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would say the r888 may last about 5k miles so just keep that in mind.
I'm sure light rain is no issue but heavy rain, I would not feel confident on the highway.

Yea, I'm looking at the Nitto lineup now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts