9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now, I am using the stock sound system and was wondering what I can do to get a bit better quality of sound. I want to keep the existing system, of course, but was wondering if something like just switching out the back speakers for something that produces better bass would be do-able?

I don't want to put a subwoofer in my car. I don't need the thump or the volume. I just would like to have more quality bass sound than factory.

I tried to ask this question of a local shop that puts sound systems in and they basically said that the only way would be a subwoofer [I suspect that they were just interested in a sale, of course]. I don't want to do that because in decent weather I will transport my bike in my car and a subwoofer would take away that space.

Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I had Phantom Audio upgrade the amp in Civic Si. But would be nice to know year, model of your Civic and what audio system you have now - i.e. base, premium, nav ??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Also curious to know what the best route to take for keeping a stock-like set up with an extra kick. A sub does take away space for those who transport stuff around.
If I get any information or decide to create something custom then I'll update here!
I got a 9th Si Coupe.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Front and rear speakers you can fit 6.5" speakers without cutting or fab. That's the only way to get more bass without a sub. What's funny is the old cardboard style cone is the new black. That might give you more bass. Components would also be your best way(and not cheap). I added a sub so for my speakers was more mids and highs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
+ 1 for Phantom Audio. I did tweeters, Doors , Phantom Amp and the sub package. I am very happy with the upgrade and best of all no box in my trunk or amp in my way.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had to do some bracket mods to put the sub in the stock location. I also used the stock tweeter mounts to fit the component set. Took a little work to make it all fit but looks close to stock.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a 2014 Civic EX-L. No nav.

And yeah, I'm just wanting to know what speakers I could get that would produce a better overall sound, including the bass.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Go to a local audio shop and listen to component speakers, figure out if you like the sound of silk dome tweeters or aluminum tweeters. A new set of speakers all around on a 4 channel amp will help with sound then using B-quiet or dynamat on the doors will help with bass.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts