9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's right! We've got billet aluminum door sill garnish for your 2012 Honda Civic. Same magnificent build quality as the 8th gen door sills, but with the sleek new 9th coupe and sedan silhouettes! Got a question? I'm happy to answer them!

Coupes available here:
Door Sill Garnish - 2012-2017 Honda Civic - Yospeed

Sedans available here: Door Sill Garnish - 2012-2017 Honda Civic - Yospeed

Fast Facts here:

• Machined from 6061-T651 billet aluminum. (That means they're light weight, strong, and all around awesome.)
  • Powder Coated Textured Black Finish. These babies'll withstand the nastiest grime mother nature can throw at them!
  • Available with several stock designs
  • You can also make your own design. We can engrave your username, Einstein's relativity theorem, whatever you want! It's all good!
  • Available for coupes or sedans

Images here:

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
What about some that light up?

🚙

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've looked into the possibility of doing it in the past, but it would more than double the cost to manufacture my sills that way. It's more practical to make plastic light up sills, but I don't have any experience with plastic injection molds or plastics in general.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Hmmm I see

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what about instead of engraving the design in, completely cut the design out and run a light threw the bottom?
My technical knowledge only extends to machining, so I wouldn't know where to begin with lighting. I did do a machined through sill set for an 8thcivic member who was an electrician. He ended up making the lighting fixture on his own. I suppose if someone else here knew how to make the wiring harness, I could machine hollow sets for the harness to be inserted into!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Hmm....A couple of those flexible LED strips from VLEDs would probably fit into a narrow space. But a hollow sill would create two issues: How to attach to the sheetmetal of the car, and if they are machined through, how to keep dirt and grit from falling into the gap. Perhaps a piece of clear or even frosted lexan attached under the cutout would do the trick? I think this needs further exploration. There would be very little wiring to do if the strips were used. You could even sell them pre-assembled, Yo. Just leave a long pigtail for the LEDs. All the customer would have to do is tap into the wiring for the interior lights.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds like an interesting concept, but I'll need to do some more research before I can commit to anything. I like the idea, though!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sills come as a complete set - so 4 for sedans, 2 for coupes. I've never had anyone try to just order one, but if for whatever reason you need one sill, I could probably arrange that!

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
Ordered some sills 6 days ago and wondering if they shipped.W Swartz.Tried already to contact via email.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
YoSpeed any way you still have in stock a "Red" rear tow hook for my 2012 Honda Civic? I see just purple and titanium colors available? The hard mineral water out in West Texas (Midland, TX) wore out the red color to a pink color on the tow hook. I'd like to buy another one! Let me know by message.

Thanks Dutsguru - Greg Lawson

·
Registered
2,139 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ordered some sills 6 days ago and wondering if they shipped.W Swartz.Tried already to contact via email.
Check your e-mail. Sent over your tracking info!

YoSpeed any way you still have in stock a "Red" rear tow hook for my 2012 Honda Civic? I see just purple and titanium colors available? The hard mineral water out in West Texas (Midland, TX) wore out the red color to a pink color on the tow hook. I'd like to buy another one! Let me know by message.

Thanks Dutsguru - Greg Lawson
I'm machining a new batch of tow hooks, so I'm hoping to have more Reds soon. Sorry to hear about that. Anodize reacts to UV negatively. I try to keep my car garaged at home and in shade while parked outside. It helps a little but nothing stops the march of time.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts