9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,574 Posts
That sucks.

Of course, you could always tell people that 'it's really just a custom paint job, and no, you can't touch it.'

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll look into those, so it just got picked up insurance has it all covered. Drives fine to. Ah I'm so mad sad and drained from stress. Also, the next day it's back to 70 degrees-.- Texas and its Damn bipolar weather.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Wow that sucks man, glad you are ok.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Honda buy back policy?

I was recently in an accident caused by black ice on the road, to get to the point, my parents want to know if there is some sort of buy back policy for full refund.they are freaking out and just want me to get a safer car. And info or advice is appreciated.and it is just exterior damage.insurance is covering it all.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Safer car?? Car is safe.. U said u hit black ice.... Any car would do the same.. It's ice I sorry I don't understand where the problem is .. Honda isn't going to buy the car back you'd have to trade it in.. But depending on what kind of car?? Ex Si ?? Don't know what trade in value is. But if its brand new most of your payment is going to interest not to the car.. Really don't pay down the car tell like end of loan.. ?? Don't think I answered your question sorry.. Oh and now let's not forget that now it's been in a accident so it will show up on car fax.. ?? Good luck ?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
576 Posts
The Civic is plenty safe. There are safer cars, sure. See IIHS-HLDI

The Civic is listed as a "top safety pick" by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety in the "small cars" category.

When it comes to black ice the thing to watch for is moisture (duh) and temperatures near or below the freezing point. Drive slowly, especially on corners. Don't brake while cornering if you can help it. Consider using studded snow tires. Studs can gain some traction on ice, but they do not perform as well as all-seasons on dry pavement.

Advice for dealing with black ice:
How to Drive on Black Ice: 14 steps (with pictures) - wikiHow

·
Registered
336 Posts
LMAO!!!! I don't like making fun of people.. but really?...

The only thing that can drive over black ice and not slide is a military TANK. Tell your parents to sign you up for the ARMY.
They want Honda to buy the car back from you because YOU slipped on ICE?!!... And I thought I had the strange parents.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I didn't know the answer and I personally don't want to give up my si. My parents just wanted to know. I usually get alot of helpful info here, a simple no would of sufficed

·
Registered
336 Posts
So I went to Abercrombie the other day and bought ripped jeans. Later that day I walked into the kitchen and my mom dropped a pot of boiling hot water on the floor and it splashed all over my pants. Due to the holes in my Abercrombie jeans, the boiling water gave me 2nd degree burns. I am going to bring the jeans back and tell them to refund my money and that I'm going to sue their ass!! :eusa_dance:

·
Registered
576 Posts
Sorry to see you crashed. I strongly dislike crashes. I've caused one crash. It was on an icy road. The road had a slight downward angle with a stop sign at the end. I was driving slowly and getting ready to stop, but since the road was icy the car slid past the stop sign and struck another vehicle. No injuries, but my car at the time, an old Audi, had a lot of bumper damage. It was the first time I ever had ABS turn on, which may have been a factor. With ABS it helps to press HARD on the brake pedal, and I did not press that hard. I pressed hard enough on the brake pedal that had the car not had ABS, the wheels would have locked up and started sliding. But obviously that was a mistake. I almost certainly was not making use of the car's full braking ability.

The other two times I was rear-ended by people who were not paying attention. Neither of those accidents were my fault.

I've been in three minor/moderate crashes. All crashes are unpleasant to deal with. I've had whiplash. When the body work is done, I've had the repair work turn out not to be as good as new. So if the autobody shop makes an error, be sure to call them on it and make sure they fix it.

I think to be a safe driver you have to pre-visualize accidents. Intersections are especially bad. Always keep track of vehicles around you. Don't speed. Don't drive buzzed or drunk. Don't text or use a cell phone while driving. Don't drive when you're too sleepy. If the weather is bad, don't drive at all. I've called the office and told them I wouldn't be in at work that day coz the roads were in poor condition due to weather.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
There is no buy back. The civic is plenty safe. Unless the car failed on you (brakes fail, car shuts off etc) and caused the accident there is no way they'll take it back.

·
Registered
298 Posts
So I went to Abercrombie the other day and bought ripped jeans. Later that day I walked into the kitchen and my mom dropped a pot of boiling hot water on the floor and it splashed all over my pants. Due to the holes in my Abercrombie jeans, the boiling water gave me 2nd degree burns. I am going to bring the jeans back and tell them to refund my money and that I'm going to sue their ass!! :eusa_dance:
Douche (coughs)

Parents will be parents. They mustve gotten pretty shaken up. Some jeep smashed into my 300zx pretty hard one day--my folks have been worried since, too.

If the damage on your car is small, fix it and sell. As mentioned, civic is pretty damn safe. Airbags galore too.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Ya I'm sorry to hear you got in an accident also but let's use common sense here...

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: TantalizedMind

·
Registered
298 Posts
fear and anxiety can impair ones common sense. He obviously wants to hear something nonjudgemental.

Anyway, I have nokya artic white fogs. Usually when I drive around the parts of LA that have crazy deep pot holes, I turn those suckers on and it gives good ground visibility. Ive never dealt w black ice; drive safe, man.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Ssj4

Sorry to hear about that - unfortunately the accident was not at all the car's fault, unless there was some mechanical failure.
Ice is ice is ice. People slip on ice, and Cars slip on ice.
Your Honda is one of the safest cars available today, so don't blame the car. Fix it and KEEP IT.
Sorry to tell you this, but your parents are wrong. It was entirely your fault the car slipped... Sometimes we get into accidents that are unavoidable, or could have been prevented, or at least reduced. There are specific things you can do to minimize or eliminate accidents. I'm not going to elaborate here, as I have to go, and don't have time to expand on this. I'm sure others will chime in.

How about those reading here will give some good 'ol driving advice without belittling him??

Dude, with experience comes know-how. And with know how comes accident avoidance - unfortunately this takes time. Life experience. Sometimes we can only learn through the mistakes we make.

Like I said - don't blame the car. Fix it and keep it. It's a GREAT Car!
...and no offense meant at all, but it would be kind of (very) ridiculous changing your car in this situation. It Really is Not the car's fault.

Take this all and put it into your mental "best learning experience Folder" and move on. Fix the car and continue to enjoy your Honda.

Sent from my iPod Touch using AG Free

Reactions: Blueribbon

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
:yeahthat:

Great post. Pretty much dead on here.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts