9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I've been yammering on around here about my love for black wheels, but this picture

has been haunting me for about 2 years now.

Yes, I know it's an 8th gen, and it's lowered, but I also love '50s-style hot rods with red wheels and wide whitewalls, and this car has steelies, as does mine.

And I just discovered that plasti-dip comes in red!

So now I have some more decisions to make as to what I'm gonna do with my wheels come spring.

I'll probably try red first, and if I really don't like it I can just peel it off.

So what do you think? Can you mentally superimpose red wheels onto this car?

I'm pretty stoked.

·
Aluminium Member
2,080 Posts
I say red.
I'm a big fan of Red White and White Red, it works for Ferrari.
I also love the steelies, much much respect for the steelies.

Reactions: Digger

·
Registered
355 Posts
I know I've been yammering on around here about my love for black wheels, but this picture

has been haunting me for about 2 years now.

Yes, I know it's an 8th gen, and it's lowered, but I also love '50s-style hot rods with red wheels and wide whitewalls, and this car has steelies, as does mine.

And I just discovered that plasti-dip comes in red!

So now I have some more decisions to make as to what I'm gonna do with my wheels come spring.

I'll probably try red first, and if I really don't like it I can just peel it off.

So what do you think? Can you mentally superimpose red wheels onto this car?

I'm pretty stoked.
where did you bought that chrome cover of your steel wheels? i like it!!

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those are standard Honda Element steelie covers. They are the same plastic as the full size Honda covers, with the H logo in the center. You can get 'em at Honda, or ebay, as I did, for less dinero.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You and me, both. I'm gonna try the red. I think it'll look teets.

·
Raspy is a bad thing?
4,535 Posts
You'll have to plasti-dip the AVS red to match. :joke: j/k:)

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
oops, wrong photo...

this is the right one... if you want to do 50's steelies look, don't 1/2 ass, go all the way with whitewall tires + chrome beauty rings

·
H2O in hydrant - K9P out
2,169 Posts
Oooooo.....ya, could be good.....red with silver middle caps. You could always PM Besshabo and ask him to photo shop the different looks. Ex. All red, all black, red with silver cap, black with silver cap....heck you could even make it a poll once you have the 4 different looks. Promise to vote.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
All I'd wanna see is the picture of my car with red on the wheels where the black is. I'm not going for chrome trim rings, and I'm not changing tires just for looks.

·
Aluminium Member
2,080 Posts
oops, wrong photo...

this is the right one... if you want to do 50's steelies look, don't 1/2 ass, go all the way with whitewall tires + chrome beauty rings

I'm in for the red too, I think it will look sweeeeeet...
But did you have to use a GTI to get your point across?!?

I mean C'mon do you have no class at all :)

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
if i can find white walls cheap, i actually want to own a set just to drive around with it...

i like element dx's 16" steelies & chrome the center cap + chrome beauty rings & skinny white walls

i probably will paint the steelies takata green

·
Aluminium Member
2,080 Posts
Try the look like the GTI's.
If you're Civic you're not allowed to like the GTI - it's like Camaro vs. Mustang!
C'mon people, get with the program.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts