9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
...pitchin in my .02, i like the concept of this..the thin whitewalls with the red steelies, and chrome center cap. Could make yer civic look VERY unique. I agree with Paul, hit someone up to photoshop the idea and see how it may turn out, just to give u an idea.

·
H2O in hydrant - K9P out
2,169 Posts
if i can find white walls cheap, i actually want to own a set just to drive around with it...

i like element dx's 16" steelies & chrome the center cap + chrome beauty rings & skinny white walls

i probably will paint the steelies takata green
I like your ideas and would love to see these ideas come to fruition.

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
16" steels wheels is around $100~150 used, beauty rings are about $40~50 a set, element center caps is about $50~70 a set ? that only leave me the white wall tires... cheapest i found for 17" falkens are $250 each (was gonna do it on my jetta last year)

·
Registered
288 Posts
1 vote for red....its different. when summer kicks imma do mine lime green. its different and fun

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
You guys have come up with some great ideas. Muchos gracias!

·
Registered
261 Posts
I gave it a try in photoshop

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Holy crap, Pixel, that looks GREAT! This project is a GO!

Thanks for chopping it!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Reactions: Digger

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Oh, I will, as soon as its done, which may not be right away, as I have no indoor workspace and it's cold here, but it'll get done!

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
If I wait too long I invariably come up with other ideas that are close to my original, And this time is no different.

I was picking through pictures of other cars, and I came up with variations on the red steel wheels theme.

red wheels eric1_crop.jpg red wheels CDS4wI8q_crop.jpg

The first is black inners and red outers as seen on an Austin Healey Bug-Eye Sprite (cropped). The second is somewhat the reverse - red inners and silver/chrome outers as seen on a WWII-era pickup.

I'm leaning towards the silver-to-black-to-red theme on the Sprite.

Any thoughts?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts