9th Gen Civic Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
...pitchin in my .02, i like the concept of this..the thin whitewalls with the red steelies, and chrome center cap. Could make yer civic look VERY unique. I agree with Paul, hit someone up to photoshop the idea and see how it may turn out, just to give u an idea.

·
H2O in hydrant - K9P out
2,169 Posts
if i can find white walls cheap, i actually want to own a set just to drive around with it...

i like element dx's 16" steelies & chrome the center cap + chrome beauty rings & skinny white walls

i probably will paint the steelies takata green
I like your ideas and would love to see these ideas come to fruition.

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
16" steels wheels is around $100~150 used, beauty rings are about $40~50 a set, element center caps is about $50~70 a set ? that only leave me the white wall tires... cheapest i found for 17" falkens are $250 each (was gonna do it on my jetta last year)

·
Registered
288 Posts
1 vote for red....its different. when summer kicks imma do mine lime green. its different and fun

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
You guys have come up with some great ideas. Muchos gracias!

·
Registered
261 Posts
I gave it a try in photoshop

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Holy crap, Pixel, that looks GREAT! This project is a GO!

Thanks for chopping it!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Reactions: Digger

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Oh, I will, as soon as its done, which may not be right away, as I have no indoor workspace and it's cold here, but it'll get done!

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
If I wait too long I invariably come up with other ideas that are close to my original, And this time is no different.

I was picking through pictures of other cars, and I came up with variations on the red steel wheels theme.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Classic car Coupé Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior

The first is black inners and red outers as seen on an Austin Healey Bug-Eye Sprite (cropped). The second is somewhat the reverse - red inners and silver/chrome outers as seen on a WWII-era pickup.

I'm leaning towards the silver-to-black-to-red theme on the Sprite.

Any thoughts?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts