9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I'm pretty much decided on getting black wheels and that I like the Konig Feathers. They come in either a gloss black or a matte black color though. Which do you guys think would look best on a PMM colored sedan? I can't decide if I want to go 16 or 17 inch either. The 17's look good but I could get a little more rubber with the 16's which would be good here in Oklahoma where I live cause our roads suck. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

·
Hola
3,746 Posts
I think I'm pretty much decided on getting black wheels and that I like the Konig Feathers. They come in either a gloss black or a matte black color though. Which do you guys think would look best on a PMM colored sedan? I can't decide if I want to go 16 or 17 inch either. The 17's look good but I could get a little more rubber with the 16's which would be good here in Oklahoma where I live cause our roads suck. I'd appreciate any suggestions.
First of, go 17s. You'll regret it if you dont. Secondly, I think its all personal preference, and depends on what other mods you have going for ya. If you have a gloss black roof, get gloss black rims. If you plasti dipped your emblems, get flat black rims. Either will look good, but it will really depend on your current setup as to which will look better

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I'd go with 17s despite the road conditions. Gloss or matte.. I have a hard time choosing too. Gloss will pop out more, but in my opinion matte is just sexy.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I'm going with gloss, I think it just pops more. Go with 17's

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: Stigmacher

·
Registered
242 Posts
Gloss. Matte looks almost like primer

Reactions: Digger

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,576 Posts
I like a satin finish, myself.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
matte on 16's
This is what I'm leaning toward.

Anyone have suggestions for a tire size that has decent tread so I won't need to buy tires after 6 months? They also need to be able to be easily rotated and non-directional is I think the proper terminology for that. I live in Oklahoma so the tires need to handle all weather situations from 110 summers to flash flooding to snow all within 3 months of each other lol.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I like both blacks thats what I plan on going with my self and my car is the same color as yours .Me personally I would im going 17s

·
Community Director
3,405 Posts
Gloss black all the way. It will make your car look legit. 16 and 17 are only 1 inch of tires. I doubt you will feel the difference.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
17s just look better. Even though its just an inch.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Aluminium Member
2,080 Posts

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,576 Posts
I think 18s and up are too big, 15s and down are too small, and 16 and 17s are juuuuuust right.

(Brought to you by the Ursidae Association of America)

·
Registered
947 Posts
Matte 17's

·
Registered
325 Posts
My wheels are 17" matte black. I actually prefer the lighter 16" rims but had to take what was easily available. Cheaper tires with 16". Forget handling though.

16" matte

·
Registered
115 Posts
Anyone have suggestions for a tire size that has decent tread so I won't need to buy tires after 6 months? They also need to be able to be easily rotated and non-directional is I think the proper terminology for that. I live in Oklahoma so the tires need to handle all weather situations from 110 summers to flash flooding to snow all within 3 months of each other lol.
The non directional pattern and 40000 mile tread life, even on my 40 series tires, is why I went with falken 612 tires. Only have maybe 1000 miles on them, so can't tell how long they will last, but hoping for close to 40,000, that would be nice. Bought my rim and tire package from discounttiredirect.com for a smoking deal.
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...c=18722&counter=1&ar=45&rd=17&sw=false&cs=225

1 - 19 of 19 Posts