9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a used 13' civic si and it broke down on me within the same week of purchasing the car. Took it back to the dealership and they took a look at it basically told me that one of the springs was literally laying in pieces when the valve cover was taken off.. Is this a common problem or?.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I recently bought a used 13' civic si and it broke down on me within the same week of purchasing the car. Took it back to the dealership and they took a look at it basically told me that one of the springs was literally laying in pieces when the valve cover was taken off.. Is this a common problem or?.
No, sounds like you need to promptly return that to the dealer.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
396 Posts
Not sure if our cars have piston return springs, but here is a video of replacing them:
Otherwise if it's valve springs, that's probably a more time-intensive job. Either way, I agree that you should try to get your money back or get Honda to cover it. Don't they have any kind of limited warranty on used cars?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Not sure if our cars have piston return springs, but here is a video of replacing them:
Otherwise if it's valve springs, that's probably a more time-intensive job. Either way, I agree that you should try to get your money back or get Honda to cover it. Don't they have any kind of limited warranty on used cars?
You know, it's shit like this that causes mechanics to lose their minds.......how many people do you think have watched the first 5 minutes of something like this and thought it was reasonable? Friggin' idiots.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I can't tell if you guys are being sarcastic. You know this video is a joke, right?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I can't tell if you guys are being sarcastic. You know this video is a joke, right?

I know it's a joke.....and I didn't have to watch until the end to it that it was.
But my consternation comes with the fact that some people will watch the first 5 minutes of a video like that, and not knowing any better, run to their mechanic and get laughed out of the place when they say "I think I need new piston return springs". SMH.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts