9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am experiencing a 3-5 second lag when using bluetooth A2DP with my EX.
I tried this with both the Motorola Atrix and Xoom, so I don't think it is device specific (maybe android specific).

It is not an issue when playing music, but with video being offsync and using handsfree software like Vlingo is impossible since it picks up music or its own TTS as my commands.

I was wondering if it is a common and accepted thing with the Honda Civic 2012, or should I go to my dealer and make them fix it.
Anyone experiencing this?

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Same issue on my Si. Does not bother me much since all I do is listen to podcast and my music library. Is kind of annoying when it takes couple secs to skip to next song though. Even with the delay. It's one of my favorite feature of the car. Love not having to plug my phone in and how the last played plays where was originally left off. Wouldn't mind knowing about a fix for the delay if it's out there either.

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
Same issue on my Si. Does not bother me much since all I do is listen to podcast and my music library. Is kind of annoying when it takes couple secs to skip to next song though. Even with the delay. It's one of my favorite feature of the car. Love not having to plug my phone in and how the last played plays where was originally left off. Wouldn't mind knowing about a fix for the delay if it's out there either.

yea... same problem... dont really pay any attention to it anymore

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bluetooth audio is one of the best features, but with the money I paid for it, I think it shouldn't have bugs and flaws like this.
I only started to care when I wanted to use the hands-free features of my phone, for text and navigation. Also, setting up my tablet for video watching now requires AUX usage.
This is not normal behavior, because I have all kinds of Bluetooth devices, including crappy old headphones, and none of them have a noticeable delay.

I think no one brought it up with Honda. I'm sure Apple/Siri people can pressure Honda for a fix.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts