9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Honda Civic EX Sedan
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I press the "Phone" button; the iMid display's a loading screen for a few seconds before disappearing with no Bluetooth connectivity to a phone it's been paired to previously. The prompt to add a phone does not appear either. I disconnected the car's main battery and left it disconnected for about 20 minutes; thinking it would reset the iMid/Bluetooth system. That did not help.

Does anyone know of a way to factory reset the iMid/Bluetooth system? I know it's possible on the 10th gen Civics as shown by the YouTube video posted below.

Any info will be much appreciated.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,615 Posts
This operation has been spotty with my car and with more than one phone. I literally had to repeat the operation a number of times before it took.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Ya its kind of wonky but when i upgraded phones (android pixel) i have had (mostly) no problems at all. Newer phones seem to pair better with bluetooth.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya its kind of wonky but when i upgraded phones (android pixel) i have had (mostly) no problems at all. Newer phones seem to pair better with bluetooth.
The issue is that the pairing prompt is not appearing at all. I'm thinking it may be an issue with the Bluetooth module itself.

·
Registered
132 Posts
The issue is that the pairing prompt is not appearing at all. I'm thinking it may be an issue with the Bluetooth module itself.
Do you have another phone that you can try to pair with? if it also doesnt work, than you may be right that the bluetooth on the car is malfunctioning.

Just curious, are you running any custom roms / custom android software on your current phone?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you have another phone that you can try to pair with? if it also doesnt work, than you may be right that the bluetooth on the car is malfunctioning.

Just curious, are you running any custom roms / custom android software on your current phone?
The paired phone was running stock Android. I do know it's not an issue with the phone though; as the issue occurs at the step before the actual pairing process begins. I'm now in the process of researching the Bluetooth module (HFT Unit?) itself for replacement.

It will take some time as it's not a priority of mine atm; but will post updates on here once available. I'm currently working on setting up my civic as a micro camper.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts