9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Honda Civic Sedan
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I have a 2012 Civic Si. I'm currently connecting my iPhone via USB to the stock radio which is generally great - it reads it like an iPod, I see the current song on the screen on the right and I can use the steering wheel controls.

I was wondering if there's a bluetooth receiver I can connect to that USB slot and achieve the same interface.
Anybody knows anything?

Many thanks.

Picture of my loved one for the heck of it:

·
Photoshop Masta
2,934 Posts
So you want to maintain that interface (artwork & track info) on the iMid with Bluetooth?

·
Photoshop Masta
2,934 Posts
Not sure what iMid means, but I think the answer is yes
The iMID is the display to the right of your speedometer. Stands for intelligent Multi-Information Display.

But no, I don't think that's possible with the stock stereo.

·
Registered
2012 Honda Civic Sedan
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The iMID is the display to the right of your speedometer. Stands for intelligent Multi-Information Display.

But no, I don't think that's possible with the stock stereo.
Okay thanks!
Unfortunate news :(

·
Photoshop Masta
2,934 Posts
Okay thanks!
Unfortunate news :(
You should think about updating your head unit. I went with a Pioneer touchscreen, it has Apple CarPlay which has tremendous functionality. I still have to plug my phone in, but it's not a big deal since it'll charge my phone too. But they have wireless Apple CarPlay stereos.

·
Registered
2012 Honda Civic Sedan
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You should think about updating your head unit. I went with a Pioneer touchscreen, it has Apple CarPlay which has tremendous functionality. I still have to plug my phone in, but it's not a big deal since it'll charge my phone too. But they have wireless Apple CarPlay stereos.
It currently charges my phone but just not fast enough. If I'm using Waze the percentage barely grows.
I have a fast wireless charging holder coming in but my iPhone won't be charged by it if it is connected to a cable.

Does your Pioneer unit retain the steering wheel controls?
I will get one if I know for sure it retains these interfaces. Do you happen to know which ones do?

·
Photoshop Masta
2,934 Posts
It currently charges my phone but just not fast enough. If I'm using Waze the percentage barely grows.
I have a fast wireless charging holder coming in but my iPhone won't be charged by it if it is connected to a cable.

Does your Pioneer unit retain the steering wheel controls?
I will get one if I know for sure it retains these interfaces. Do you happen to know which ones do?
When I'm connected to my head-unit, my phone is locked (screen is off). I do everything from my head-unit, so that's why my phone charges rather quickly because I'm technically not using my phone, only using its internet connection.

I retained the volume up/down, I can't skip tracks but that's because that was the only steering wheel adapter the stereo shop had at the time, the guy said I can always update it for 'full functionality', but it's not that big of a deal for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts