9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I did an rbc swap not too long ago and im getting tuned, the tuner is basically done and when im trying to do pulls for the last datalog its stopping at 6500 rpm. He said its something mechanical does anyone know what could be the issue?

Thank you

Motor mods:
RBC (8th gen)
1000cc injectors by southbay
stock air box
skunk2 downpipe
ktuned catback

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
We would need more info. When you say it bogs, what does that mean. The rpm stops increasing?
Is the car going lean?
Did the tuner check to make sure there are no protections in place by accident? Rev limiter too low, lean protection in place etc...
Who is tuning the car? Can you post a datalog.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We would need more info. When you say it bogs, what does that mean. The rpm stops increasing?
Is the car going lean?
Did the tuner check to make sure there are no protections in place by accident? Rev limiter too low, lean protection in place etc...
Who is tuning the car? Can you post a datalog.

Yes the rpm stops increasing. Im being tuned by Kyle Handy he double checked things and said its most likely mechanical issue. How do I upload a datalog onto here it says not allowed.

·
Registered
185 Posts
agreed on more info...
how can 1000cc injectors with a stock pump work.

is this a recommended configuration?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Could a broken battery terminal cause injectors to shut off? Car still runs and everything just has a crack in it so it doesn’t really tighten super tight

·
Registered
460 Posts
Yes the rpm stops increasing. Im being tuned by Kyle Handy he double checked things and said its most likely mechanical issue. How do I upload a datalog onto here it says not allowed.
Should be able to add it as an attachment to your post, unless they changed something. It would be really helpful to see.

Kyle saying it's "mechanical" gives us nothing to go on.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Could a broken battery terminal cause injectors to shut off? Car still runs and everything just has a crack in it so it doesn’t really tighten super tight
You should fix it to rule it out. Battery/ground issues can cause all kinds of problems.

Also, you may not be able to post attachments until you have been a member for a while.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You should fix it to rule it out. Battery/ground issues can cause all kinds of problems.

Also, you may not be able to post attachments until you have been a member for a while.

Fixed the terminal and it’s still doing it.
My injector clips aren’t soldered does that matter?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Fixed the terminal and it’s still doing it.
My injector clips aren’t soldered does that matter?
It shouldn't but again it's another thing to rule out. How are they connected now? Tape, butt connectors?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Some small black heat shrink tubing and some electrical tape.
I personally would never run it like that but I also can't say it's causing the problem. Why not solder the connections, heat shrink and be done.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I personally would never run it like that but I also can't say it's causing the problem. Why not solder the connections, heat shrink and be done.

So I figured out that if I rip it in 1st with traction control off and don’t grip and just spin it will go to red line and then if I shift to second redline then third it goes up to 7000 rpm?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts