9th Gen Civic Forum banner

121 - 129 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
In a 7hr drive youre bound to go thru a pass, wasnt talking about inside your shop lol....that reminds me tax season is here wish i could spend it on a supercharger :(

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Depends on his location -- the whole drive through the NW is like 300ft elevation (Seattle to Eugene). Rarely any snow down I5 in that stretch.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well, I think I'm on my final cal at 3.0. The car feels great. The biggest difference is that the power doesn't fall off between shifts. Normally, I can feel a slight "loss" shifting between 2nd and 3rd. The nature of cars in general. However, now the power just pulls clear through. It's really robust feeling. The entire Vtec range feels fantastic and reminds me of my old 8th gen. It just pulls. The crossover is noticeable, but not as dramatic because the car was already making power before Vtec.

$775 well spent. I can't think of a smarter way to add power at a reasonable cost without having to install actual parts or deal with the trade-offs that power upgrades tend to have.

·
Registered
2 Posts
well, following all this thread, I am about to get a few parts, but I was wondering:

- Right now I have a K&N SRI already installed
- I want to get the hondata flashpro with Vit's tunes
- I want to get full race DP+catback (catless) exhaust.

Should I tune my si first without the exhaust first, and then after the exhaust installation system? or just install the exhaust and then tune it?

Thank you

·
Registered
702 Posts
install everything and have a tune rdy to go

·
Registered
7 Posts
I never had a chance to get on this dyno when our 9th gen was stock tuned -- based on what I saw from the street tune/etune I did on it, it would make 180-185whp tuned stock on this dyno, but will do it consistently with no hesitation/misfires/bogs or drivability issues. If someone in my area that has a 100% bone stock 9th gen wants to be a guinea pig I will hook them up with an FP and tune at a special price.
Hey Vit, I don't know if this is still on the table, BUT, I live in Oregon with a bone stock FB6 that I want to tune BEFORE bolting anything on. Let's talk if this is something you wanna pursue, if you haven't already!!!

·
Registered
763 Posts
Hey Vit, I don't know if this is still on the table, BUT, I live in Oregon with a bone stock FB6 that I want to tune BEFORE bolting anything on. Let's talk if this is something you wanna pursue, if you haven't already!!!
Vit hasnt been on the site for a long time, best way to contact him would be through facebook. He also isnt tuning oem ECUs via flashpro anymore he works for and with motec now. His site isnt even up anymore too. Email steve from e-tunez hes a very good and respected tuner for our cars.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just finished up the tune on Mike's bolt on 2013 Civic Si and wanted to share some impressions. Bolt ons:

- K&N SRI
  • Skunk2 3" Catless DP
  • Invidia Q300 Exhaust
Fully tuned the car made 193whp/173wtq, and filled out the powerband quite nicely, with consistent pulls. The dashed green graph is the car on the stock tune. Posted are 3 graphs comparing various gains:

• Peak power, before & after.
  • Top end gains tuned.
  • Low end gains tuned. Note the 53wtq gain @ 1700 rpm. This is not some sort of BS -- on the stock tune the motor would hesitate and misfire, this was completely resolved with a custom tune.
So impressions? Mike was a champ and FlashPro was the very first mod for his car. I am really baffled as to why anyone would spend $1400 on bolt ons and not get custom tuning for their car. The bolt ons do absolutely nothing for the power of the car (they actually hurt drivability and performance - a bone stock 9th gen dynos about 175whp on this dyno) until you add tuning.

Final thought -- looks like the K&N Intake is actually worse than the OEM airbox and kills top end post 6000 rpm -- I have had 9th gens make better top end with the stock intake, which was only beat by the PRL CAI so far.

Low end:

Top end:

Peak:
Can I ask why it hurts drivability?

121 - 129 of 129 Posts